Spring Game Weekend

OrngeJuiceJones

It's been said the Orange and White game will be held April 16. I usually never come down and stay the weekend, but it's my birthday weekend and I'm planning on it this time. How is downtown, market square or old city Friday or Saturday night usually on Spring game weekend? Is it at all like game weekends during the fall? I plan on staying near campus as well.

It's been said the Orange and White game will be held April 16. I usually never come down and stay the weekend, but it's my birthday weekend and I'm planning on it this time. How is downtown, market square or old city Friday or Saturday night usually on Spring game weekend? Is it at all like game weekends during the fall? I plan on staying near campus as well.

Who said it was the 16th? I thought Deerpark said the date hadn't been picked yet?

Who said it was the 16th? I thought Deerpark said the date hadn't been picked yet?

I'm not exactly sure where I read it, but could've sworn it was LWS or DeerPark. Could be wrong though. I'm just trying to get an idea of how the orange and white game weekend is around town.

I'm not exactly sure where I read it, but could've sworn it was LWS or DeerPark. Could be wrong though. I'm just trying to get an idea of how the orange and white game weekend is around town.

Got ya, I would say its tame compared to a game day in the fall. Lots of people bring their kids out to get autographs etc. You can park in G10 for free, overall its a fun time.

I hope that's the date. I'm off that weekend.

Got ya, I would say its tame compared to a game day in the fall. Lots of people bring their kids out to get autographs etc. You can park in G10 for free, overall its a fun time.

I went 2 years ago, and got into town about 2 hours before kick and there was absolutely nowhere to park, had to go up behind 11th street garage and was ridiculous getting out afterwards, at least an hour. I'm mainly wondering how the nightlife will be Friday and Saturday. I'm sure we'll draw 70,000 to 80,000 depending on weather.

I went 2 years ago, and got into town about 2 hours before kick and there was absolutely nowhere to park, had to go up behind 11th street garage and was ridiculous getting out afterwards, at least an hour. I'm mainly wondering how the nightlife will be Friday and Saturday. I'm sure we'll draw 70,000 to 80,000 depending on weather.

Depending on your age the night life in the old city is pretty good when college is in. You won't be disappointed in the scenery :hi:

It's much more of a kid/family oriented event. Nothing like a rowdy tailgate fest of a true game weekend.

Depending on your age the night life in the old city is pretty good when college is in. You won't be disappointed in the scenery :hi:

I'll be 35 that weekend. I've been to old city on a football weekend, was rockin. Just wondering if it's at all the same for spring game weekend.

I wish they would do a sports trifecta on that weekend and schedule home softball and baseball games along with the spring game. Would love to take my daughter to see a softball game but they are always on the road during the spring game. It would be a good marketing event for the university to get all three teams playing during that weekend and get fans to hang out longer. They could have some of the largest crowds of the season for the baseball and softball teams....

I'll be 35 that weekend. I've been to old city on a football weekend, was rockin. Just wondering if it's at all the same for spring game weekend.

First round is on me buddy! I'll be at Hannah's in the Old City. Come get a first look at your, "POTENTIAL", CFB champion Tennessee Vols!

I know I don't have many posts, but I've been on the site since before I started college. I'm in my senior year now, and love it when fellow VOLS come to town. If you're willing to put up with college kids you'll be in for a good time!
GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
I know I don't have many posts, but I've been on the site since before I started college. I'm in my senior year now, and love it when fellow VOLS come to town. If you're willing to put up with college kids you'll be in for a good time!
GO VOLS!

Hannahs is where I went before Georgia game on Friday night, awesome time. And yeah I live in a college town here in southwest VA (Radford) so I'm down for that crowd, let's do this! I'll buy some shots. I'd love to meet some fellow Volnation peeps. But I get a little wild, and can drink like a pro haha

Last edited:
I wish they would do a sports trifecta on that weekend and schedule home softball and baseball games along with the spring game. Would love to take my daughter to see a softball game but they are always on the road during the spring game. It would be a good marketing event for the university to get all three teams playing during that weekend and get fans to hang out longer. They could have some of the largest crowds of the season for the baseball and softball teams....

I totally agree...if it is the 16th( which no one knows,DeerPark stated earlier that it hasnt been set after another poster said they had meetings that weekend,which usually coincides with the OW game) both squads are on road trips,but the 23rd would be awesome,OU is in town for a softball game and Vandy is in town for baseball.

I totally agree...if it is the 16th( which no one knows,DeerPark stated earlier that it hasnt been set after another poster said they had meetings that weekend,which usually coincides with the OW game) both squads are on road trips,but the 23rd would be awesome,OU is in town for a softball game and Vandy is in town for baseball.

I'm absolutely positive I read somewhere it's April 16. And that Butch wanted it later but something or someone pushed him to do it the 16th, I wish I remember where I read this and that it could be exams and something else that led him to push it back.

I've stayed at a friend's place in old city several times and I can testify that it rocks on Friday and Saturday nights no matter what's going on.

It will be the 16th.

At the time of my first post, it had not been decided and Butch very much wanted the 23rd, but there was a desire to wrap up spring practice prior to the last week of classes. I later posted the 16th in the same thread.

Softball sells out every SEC game, so the crowd count there is not a concern.

thanks for the info DP and the OP... I remember you posting that it wasnt decided and I dropped off that thread, so I didnt see you come back and reaffirm the date... well that sucks it wont be the 23rd,it would've made for a nice weekend to take in Football,Baseball and softball with the kids

It will be the 16th.

At the time of my first post, it had not been decided and Butch very much wanted the 23rd, but there was a desire to wrap up spring practice prior to the last week of classes. I later posted the 16th in the same thread.

Cool

Any advice on downtown hotels, or hotels near campus? I was thinking Four Points Sheraton right behind 11th St garage. Having a hard time deciding.

The Orange and White game brought to you by Dish Network although you won't be able to watch it anywhere.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back