Sports Card Collectors!

Does anyone know how the card companies pick who gets a card. I’ve thought it’s odd that Andrew Lindsey and Maui ahuna get bowman 1sts but dollander didn’t. Pretty sure it happened with Beck last year too. Just figured all the first rounders would get cards with their mlb team uniforms but I guess not.

Does anyone know how the card companies pick who gets a card. I’ve thought it’s odd that Andrew Lindsey and Maui ahuna get bowman 1sts but dollander didn’t. Pretty sure it happened with Beck last year too. Just figured all the first rounders would get cards with their mlb team uniforms but I guess not.
Maui is in the Panini set too -- Bowman hasnt had a college series as of yet ( Panini has to airbrush MLB logos out though )

Last edited:
Kind of dipping my toes into custom cards. There’s a guy on insta that promotes his “brand” called WhenWeWereKids Creative. He’s a UK fan, but he makes some really cool stuff. Currently, I’m playing around with some vintage looks…1953 Topps, specifically. I’m fairly well versed in photoshop, just need to work through the printing process. My plan is to make a set featuring BaseVols and weather them for that vintage look. I know it’s pretty ambitious, but feeding my creativity is like therapy for me.

Not trying to be a pain but have you seen the autos? Are they sticker or on card?
Just curious because I’m thing these(the base) would be easy to get signed in person at the games.

Reactions: 508mikey
Not trying to be a pain but have you seen the autos? Are they sticker or on card?
Just curious because I’m thing these(the base) would be easy to get signed in person at the games.
they are on card - base cards are glossy stock, so might want to experiment with sharpies to see which would sign best on them - I was guessing the fine point sharpies in blue

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
picked up a new DK
s-l1600.jpg

VN Store

Back