Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7th, 2017)

Hey at least they didn't make him gay and Mary Jane a dude.

I'm still just happy he's Peter Parker, because I was totally expecting them to go the Miles Morales route.

I guess. At least if they had gone with Morales they would have been using a different character to do the swap. Not the same as turning Peter black.

There are black characters from Spider-Man's supporting cast they could use. Or *gasp* create new ones. I know nothing about this girl but I gauterntee she was not "the best actress for the role".

It doesn't ruin the movie for me but I'm frustrated with Marvel's forced push for diversity. Their comics line is practically unrecognizable right now. They've replaced almost every character with either a person of color or a woman while pushing the original characters that built the company to the background if not "killing" them off.

Reactions: 1 person
I guess. At least if they had gone with Morales they would have been using a different character to do the swap. Not the same as turning Peter black.

There are black characters from Spider-Man's supporting cast they could use. Or *gasp* create new ones. I know nothing about this girl but I gauterntee she was not "the best actress for the role".

It doesn't ruin the movie for me but I'm frustrated with Marvel's forced push for diversity. Their comics line is practically unrecognizable right now. They've replaced almost every character with either a person of color or a woman while pushing the original characters that built the company to the background if not "killing" them off.

Yes it's a different character but it also would have been forced diversity IMHO because that's how I view the creation of Morales in the first place. They could have used Morales and argued using him makes the MCU "more diverse", even though the majority of Spider-man fans know and want Peter Parker.

Yes it's a different character but it also would have been forced diversity IMHO because that's how I view the creation of Morales in the first place. They could have used Morales and argued using him makes the MCU "more diverse", even though the majority of Spider-man fans know and want Peter Parker.

His creation wasn't as bad as some they are doing now. Although it was a direct response to the push for Amazing Spider-Man movie to cast a black actor. Plus he was part of the fringe Ultimate Universe so it didn't really "count".

Of course now he is in the Marvel U prime (or whatever they call it post Secret Wars) and they are trying to market it as THE main Spider-Man title while turning Peter Parker into some kind of Tony Stark Lite over in Amazing Spider-Man.

Contrast that with some of the crap where they forced Falcon into the Cap Am role, replaced Bruce Banner Hulk with a Korean-American Hulk, a female Thor, and soon a black teenage girl Iron Man.

Moar Superhero movies!!!

n9jmNu.gif

You would think comic fans would be use constant retcon.

Marvel also made an audible to keep Doc Strange in the Chinese market.

His creation wasn't as bad as some they are doing now. Although it was a direct response to the push for Amazing Spider-Man movie to cast a black actor. Plus he was part of the fringe Ultimate Universe so it didn't really "count".

Of course now he is in the Marvel U prime (or whatever they call it post Secret Wars) and they are trying to market it as THE main Spider-Man title while turning Peter Parker into some kind of Tony Stark Lite over in Amazing Spider-Man.

Contrast that with some of the crap where they forced Falcon into the Cap Am role, replaced Bruce Banner Hulk with a Korean-American Hulk, a female Thor, and soon a black teenage girl Iron Man.

Yeah, Morales isn't quite as bad as a female Thor and female Iron Man (?), but part of my disgust is I got so tired of the internet movement to get Donald Glover cast as Spider-Man. I like DG but it got so annoying, and The Nerdist wouldn't shut up about it.

I miss the old days when they just created a female version (She-Hulk, Supergirl, Batgirl, etc.).

Apparently her identity reveal was so supposed to be a secret twist within the story.

Looks fun as hell. Pretty sure Peter's buddy is from the Morales title. Looks like they may be blending in some elements from that title. Not really found of the overly mech look of Vulture. Still...

Freaking WEB WINGS!?! HELL YES!!!

Busting up the ATM robbers? Classic Spidey!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrzXIaTt99U[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41dUp3kK-0w[/youtube]

Last edited:
Probably better than andrew garfield probably not as good as tobey maguire

VN Store

Back