(Speculation)Miles in talks of finishing a deal

If they reached out, hopefully an announcement comes later today .... assuming he's just confirming all his coordinators are on board.

I love this idea, not sure itvwill happen but it should and it should quickly. But after the last several weeks of this crap show I ain’t gettin my hopes up no more to be disappointed yet again.

Yeah and granted, it wouldn't be the sexiest hire but I think it's the best we can hope for at this point. You're putting in place both long AND short term solutions for the program.

The final piece of this puzzle would be for Fulmer to bring in Blackburn as associate AD to take over when Fulmer retires.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I have some family friends that seem to think there are legs to Miles being the head coach and Tee being involved as OC... Seems to be some stipulations on the offensive side of the ball in this... I also believe there has been by Les calls to start assembling a staff together... With new and old faces....

Again I have no main sources but it seems to have some legs to this idea atleast.

This is a Vandy fan. Tell the other one hahaha.

Les Miles is a Toyota Corolla with 200,000 miles on it. You know it has been a great car and probably has another 25,000-50,000 miles on it but I wouldn't plan a cross country expedition in it by any means.

I have some family friends that seem to think there are legs to Miles being the head coach and Tee being involved as OC... Seems to be some stipulations on the offensive side of the ball in this... I also believe there has been by Les calls to start assembling a staff together... With new and old faces....

Again I have no main sources but it seems to have some legs to this idea atleast.
Sorry, you may be 100% correct. But this is at least the 3rd or 4th coach who is "assembling a staff".

Hopefully we will have a head coach in-place by mid-week.

Now what mid-week is the question.

now Caleb, anything can have legs but some are just a prosthesis...:):)

GO AD FULMER AND GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hope Fulmer talks to other coaches before signing Les to anything.

You do realize our football program is where basketball was. We need stability from an experienced coach. Not the next hot mess. Then turn it over to someone with a brain.

Sorry, you may be 100% correct. But this is at least the 3rd or 4th coach who is "assembling a staff".

Hopefully we will have a head coach in-place by mid-week.

Now what mid-week is the question.

Will be done Monday morning. Anyone tracking PF plane usage? Interesting.

Miles is one OC and one great QB away from another title. The story repeatedly out of Baton Roughneck. In Knoxville with Tee. OC check. QB not so sure. I really like McBride. But JG shows flashes. I hope this Miles Martin thing happens. Let the healing begin. Recruiting should be our only conversation right now.

Reactions: 2 people
I would be very happy with the results LSU had with Miles at UT. Compare those results with most of the other teams in the SEC. Yes I would take it and be very happy. With some good negoiations concerning the offensive side it could even be better and that can be done.

Exactly. Using this same reasoning we should have been happy with the overall results CPF had at UT before he was fired for having few down years. Over the long haul these are both great NC winning coaches.

Well allighty then. With confirmation as strong as this, I guess we have ourselves a new coach.

You do realize our football program is where basketball was. We need stability from an experienced coach. Not the next hot mess. Then turn it over to someone with a brain.

You typed the words straight outta my mouth. We are past the point of hoping up and comers will pan out. We need someome who had been through the wars of an SEC season, who has put together an off season and knows the pressure of this conference and it's fan's. We need stability and I think Les is your guy. Yes I would love to have a Peterson or Patterson led program, hell, Gruden would absolutely get me excited but at this point Les or Sumlin are instant stability and that's what we need right now. Forget wins and losses, forget championships, we just need to show recruits that we can be a functioning football program that can compete in the SEC. My guess is the last 2 weeks has put a lot of doubt into a lot of peoples minds. We were winless in the conference and went into full meltdown the second the season ended. I have no doubt that Miles and Fulmer sitting in a kids living room, flashing their rings would at the very least cause kids and their families to have some respect for where the program is heading. No more experiments, no more one hit wonders, no more MAC up n comers, stability from someone that can talk the talk and walk the walk of a season inside the toughest conference in the country!!
Miles/Fulmer in 2017!!

GBO!!

Reactions: 2 people
Put it this way. If Steve Spurrier can come in in the twilight of his career and get freaking South Carolina to the SEC championship game, we can certainly do that with Les Miles!

I'd be okay with Les Miles, as long as we get Tee Martin or another a decent offensive coordinator. Miles' experience recruiting Louisiana and Texas might be a great asset.

Still want Gruden first, obviously.

Why would Tee make a lateral move to a worse job? Being at USC and recruiting there is easy street compared to the SEC.

Why would Less take a job with ‘a coach in waiting ‘ .....knowing that as soon as you lose 3 in a row or get blown out by Bama, the crowd would be chanting for Tee?

Dumb idea

I love how Les is who Phil went straight to.

It's impossible for me to imagine Phil going after someone that didn't coach when he did.

I hope Les brings in a bad ass supporting cast because that's our only hope.

Reactions: 3 people
Why would Tee make a lateral move to a worse job? Being at USC and recruiting there is easy street compared to the SEC.

Why would Less take a job with ‘a coach in waiting ‘ .....knowing that as soon as you lose 3 in a row or get blown out by Bama, the crowd would be chanting for Tee?

Dumb idea

I think if he’s made OC / Assistant HC, he’d come and learn a few years under Les Miles (an older coach who probably has 4-5 years left). Les does know football, how to run a successful program, the SEC, and be a high-level recruiter. He does make strange gambles at the end of games, but (now) I can live with that.

Would you rather get stomped by GA and Vandy, or Les make a crazy call late in the fourth quarter when Bama is up by 1 on UT?

VN Store

Back