Spectrum vs. Disney -- A Development Tracking Thread

Now worries. Sometimes I feel like ESPN makes this stuff hard on purpose.
That's why I picked Youtube TV. Used it before and knew how to sign into the ESPN app and pick my provider. Staring at a weather delay on the big screen sure beats anything else lol

That's why I picked Youtube TV. Used it before and knew how to sign into the ESPN app and pick my provider. Staring at a weather delay on the big screen sure beats anything else lol
Right lol

Flipping between Ole Miss/Tulane and UNC/Appy during thr delay.

Disney is holding everyone hostage and will continue to do so but Spectrum has been so consistently bad with their customer service and product for years its been a no brainer to finally dump them from my perspective.

Went the You Tube TV route and have been highly impressed with just how much better everything is over Spectrum as far as the actual viewing experience.

Better picture , better dvr options, and no noticeable drop off of channels for 40 bucks less a month. The 4 games at 1 time plus in game stats is a nice little perk too.

When I get a better option on internet, I'll be dumping the Spectrum internet as well.

Not siding with Disney at all in this mess but I am definitely against Spectrum.

And I wouldn't count on them coming to any resolution on the matter. Once I heard the comments from their CEO, that was enough for me.

Disney is holding everyone hostage and will continue to do so but Spectrum has been so consistently bad with their customer service and product for years its been a no brainer to finally dump them from my perspective.

Went the You Tube TV route and have been highly impressed with just how much better everything is over Spectrum as far as the actual viewing experience.

Better picture , better dvr options, and no noticeable drop off of channels for 40 bucks less a month. The 4 games at 1 time plus in game stats is a nice little perk too.

When I get a better option on internet, I'll be dumping the Spectrum internet as well.

Not siding with Disney at all in this mess but I am definitely against Spectrum.

And I wouldn't count on them coming to any resolution on the matter. Once I heard the comments from their CEO, that was enough for me.
Do you get braves games or reds?

Do you get braves games or reds?

I'm still feeling my way through you tube tv but I dont think they have the option for regional coverage through Bally.

Probably have to go through MLB.TV (can get it for 125 a year through Amazon Prime) or FUBO which includes Bally regional coverage.

I'm more of a football guy so the you tube tv appealed to me more over FUBO. I'll probably spring for MLB TV next season though.

I believe Spectrum wants out of video and to just become a internet service provider. Traditional Video is just too expensive to provide and also your heaviest customer support lift.

After watching the game tonight, I feel like it wasn't worth all the effort folks put into get to see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: theroyz71
Took the Spectrum offered Fubo deal today. Was able to change provider on the ESPN app and watch the Vols debacle. Watched games all day and even the Braves. Has the channels my wife watches. So far so good. Will be cheaper than Spectrum even when the promo ends. Now the fun. Trying to cancel my Spectrum Tv after the free trial over.

Why send your customers to a competitor and then make a deal? Was the lack of interest in retaining current customers a negotiation tactic? 😂
They sent them to a streaming service that they worked a deal out with to give Spectrum customers a discount and the ability to watch ESPN while they sort the Disney issue out knowing most people will cancel the trial and stick with what they have.

I am hoping it has ended though - YouTube TV is NOT cheaper if I get the channels I would have with Spectrum. I looked at FuBo which has the channels I want and it is the same price.

I don't know where you folks are getting that these other channels are cheaper. They are not for the same content. They all are very much the same cost.

Reactions: vols 30
I am hoping it has ended though - YouTube TV is NOT cheaper if I get the channels I would have with Spectrum. I looked at FuBo which has the channels I want and it is the same price.

I don't know where you folks are getting that these other channels are cheaper. They are not for the same content. They all are very much the same cost.

They are not cheaper unless you just take the bare minimum channels.

You tube was $20.00 cheaper for the same exact channels I have with Spectrum. Not worth switching, especially since Bally sports isn't on YouTube.

I think a lot of people think they've accomplished some great big savings by switching when in reality, they haven't

They are not cheaper unless you just take the bare minimum channels.

You tube was $20.00 cheaper for the same exact channels I have with Spectrum. Not worth switching, especially since Bally sports isn't on YouTube.

I think a lot of people think they've accomplished some great big savings by switching when in reality, they haven't
Going to keep YouTube T.V. for only reason I got NFL Ticket on there...otherwise I'm going back to watching Spectrum...plus YouTube t.v. price is a split bill anyway with my family...

So much for the scare tactics coming out of Charter a week ago when they warned that they may never reach agreement. Such BS.

VN Store

Back