Speaks Volumes!

So, let me ask you this. How do you pick your CPA? How do you pick your investment guy? How do you pick your dentist? How do you pick your doctor? How do you pick your lawyer?

Is it only based on how nice their offices are? Is it based on how soft their couches are? Is it based on their restrooms?

No. Life is about relationships. We use and seek advice from people we trust and form relationships with. We get referrals from others who rave about their services. That is life. Why would we ask 18 year old kids to do it differently? This is their school, their life, and their future. It's all about relationships!
What world do you live in? You must be one of them rich fellers.....

Reactions: 1 person
So, let me ask you this. How do you pick your CPA? How do you pick your investment guy? How do you pick your dentist? How do you pick your doctor? How do you pick your lawyer?

Is it only based on how nice their offices are? Is it based on how soft their couches are? Is it based on their restrooms?

No. Life is about relationships. We use and seek advice from people we trust and form relationships with. We get referrals from others who rave about their services. That is life. Why would we ask 18 year old kids to do it differently? This is their school, their life, and their future. It's all about relationships!
good analogy.

uh....Tyndall told them to leave. I think your moronic bias is blurring your vision.

:lol: Yeah, a new coach needing to make an impression fast to avoid the previous coach's fate is intentionally sending an entire class of top players to the showers with no prospects left in the 2014 class to replace them.

He wants to go up against the likes of Cal and Billy with an iron man squad like Vandy last year or a team made up of marginal JUCO's.

And it's MY bias making me arrive at moronic conclusions? :eek:k:

I'm just an objective observer; none of what's transpired with UT basketball this year threatens UF fans... we're just interested.

I don't speak for all Gator fans, but the ones I speak to regularly all have the same opinion; we thought CM had finally made the UT program his (it frequently takes at least 3 years to build a program following a coaching change), and after watching how UT played in the NCAAT we were more worried about UT retaining CM than losing him. And we're not alone; fans of a lot of SEC teams feel the same way.

When CM announced he was going to Cal, a lot of SEC fans went
whew-1.gif
, even if they don't publicly admit it.

What speaks volumes is that these recruits don't like the way that Martin was treated by the University and other programs have used that to do some "negative recruiting"

Me, personally, if I were a recruit who signed an LOI to attend University of "X" and I liked the coach and his staff, but the University started to treat the coach badly and the coach moved on, I would with 90% certainty NOT attend the University of "X"

Of course, you have to realize that other programs are spinning this in to "negative recruiting" (Those folks at U.T. are prejudice. They would never treat a white coach the way they treated Martin)

Also, there is no telling what the current U.T. players are telling them either...

This is not a reflection on Martin but a reflection on how the University treated Martin.

:cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray:

Blah, blah, Big Orange, blah, yada, yada, LOI for the VOLS, yada. Sis, boom, wants to be here, blah!

The coaches go for the money, as good or better a program, or quality of life. Some few of the players give a rats turd about the school. Sure legacies, locals, some in-state (Mamfuss anyone?) or a kid who's always followed the school may really care. Imo the rest don't care, not at all. If asked, they'll put on the same dog and pony show of 'player speak' as new hired leaders do 'coach speak'. But mostly, the players come for the coach they can identify with and whom they've decided they like most out the dozens and dozens and dozens of connections during their recruiting. You guys spouting the 'all for Tennessee' probably are only getting it less than half right. The rest come for the coaches, and become a VFL during their years here. Unless a bunch of goofy fans start a petition against their coach; they see some boosters with hold jet access during recruiting which directly affects their own chance of success, and the AD doesn't offer a raise commensurate with the teams winning % in it's own conference.

No wonder they call us ignorant redneck hillbillies.

:lol: Yeah, a new coach needing to make an impression fast to avoid the previous coach's fate is intentionally sending an entire class of top players to the showers with no prospects left in the 2014 class to replace them.

He wants to go up against the likes of Cal and Billy with an iron man squad like Vandy last year or a team made up of marginal JUCO's.

I'm just an objective observer; none of what's transpired with UT basketball this year threatens UF fans... we're just interested.

I don't speak for all Gator fans, but the ones I speak to regularly all have the same opinion; we thought CM had finally made the UT program his (it frequently takes at least 3 years to build a program following a coaching change), and after watching how UT played in the NCAAT we were more worried about UT retaining CM than losing him. And we're not alone; fans of a lot of SEC teams feel the same way.

whew-1.gif

The best part about Volnation is that you all argue with each other about things that aren't even true.

Tyndall met with those committed and advised them to look elsewhere.

whew-1.gif

:salute: your courage...the same brave salt that inspired the first person to pick up a lobster and say "I'M GONNA EAT THIS THING!!!!" :drool:

Let's put it this way... if I'm going for a life saving operation, obviously I'm going to research the qualifications of both doctors; but if all other things are essentially equal, and I have a choice of this guy

c480x270_40.jpg

or this guy

PH18050

I know who I'm picking.

Reactions: 2 people
What world do you live in? You must be one of them rich fellers.....

Not rich at all. Most people have some input into who provides them services. Don't have to be rich in order to network and seek advice from people you trust.

The best part about Volnation is that you all argue with each other about things that aren't even true.

That's ridiculous; even if somebody could prove they were in the room at the time I wouldn't believe that.

And those guys were from several different states... how has he met with them all already, just in the day or two since they decommitted?

It's not hard to tell fact from fiction if the circumstances surrounding the claim are physically impossible without a Star Trek transporter. :)

Their just going there for the "under the table" money.

It happens at everywhere. Especially at Div1 level.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/around-ncaa/217024-life-sec-bagman-great-article-new-post.html

A big part of the recruiting process is described by that article. When the movers & shakers with jets and deep dark pockets want to move a coach out, it will happen. He won't be able to recruit at the level he would have with their support among myriad other stumbling blocks. I'd guess if any of the M&S's are serious gamblers it could be even worse.

Let's put it this way... if I'm going for a life saving operation, obviously I'm going to research the qualifications of both doctors; but if all other things are essentially equal, and I have a choice of this guy

c480x270_40.jpg

or this guy

PH18050

I know who I'm picking.

the guy with a clown horn hiding behind his back?or is it a rusty meat cleaver?

Is anyone else getting the feeling that the petitioners will be back in action as soon as there is a change in the administration or if Coach Tindall has a rough start to his stint at Tennessee due to lack of talent.... As impatient as our fanbase is I hope he can weather a couple of tough years until he gets his players in school...These yahoo's will be out in full force if Auburn beats us next year I am afraid that will make his job even tougher.... I hope that game is not on TV because our fanbase may embarrass us.....

Last edited:
Was Martin treated badly? How so? Did Hart give him a meager pay raise/extension? I'm truly asking...

You know this for a fact?

It can't be a fact, and I'll tell you why. What folks seem to keep either ignoring or missing in this debate is that these kids were SIGNEES, not commitments.

Commitments can come and go as they please, and can be told by the university that they no longer have a scholarship offer.

Signees have already signed their NLI, and it obligates the university to honor the contract, which is what an NLI is.

The signees can leave unconditionally at any time until they attend a class, at which point they are officially enrolled.

Not so with the university; they are obligated once the NLI is signed and must provide the scholarship.

So UT, and more importantly, Tyndall, does not even have the authority to tell them to look elsewhere. They can ASK the signee to look elsewhere, but they can't take the scholarship back.

This inequality in recruiting where the player has all the power is exactly what coaches in all sports have been complaining about in recent years and want the NCAA to address.

So, there's no way DT could have sent them packing; it had to be them choosing to leave.

Was Martin treated badly? How so? Did Hart give him a meager pay raise/extension? I'm truly asking...

No, people are playing semantics games.

When somebody says he was treated badly by UT, they mean by a large portion of the fan base... which both groups know, but feign ignorance to ease their own conscience.

The fans are either a part of the university or they aren't; can't have it both ways, where the fans are the university every time it does something positive, but aren't any time something negative happens.

NOt particularly a Martin fan. I could care less who the coach is, provided that we win and have a clean program.

However; (1) When the petition came about, I think that Hart should have came public and gave a vote of confidence to Martin. By him being silent, it only caused to keep the topic alive. (2) I wonder what the true reason for Martin being denied the access to the boosters aircraft for recruiting purposes. Was it because he was using the a/c to take him to job interviews? (3) Is the offer he got a fair offer considering we backdoored in to the NCAA and stumbled on a good bracket and advanced?

Race had nothing to do with the way things ended. I am sure of that because Dickey treated Jerry Green in a similiar way and Green has us in the NCAA several times while being our coach. So, they either like you or they don't, is what it comes down to.

VN Store

Back