South Pittsburg Pirates Are Blazing Hot!

Everyone knows Lodge University is pay to play and recruits players. All three of the teams from Marion are doing pretty good this year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Ironically, North Jackson recruited players away from South Pittsburg back in the 90s. Remember Kenny Smith? Most UT fans should know that name. Once RD Hicks passed away, the money dried up and now North Jackson is a shell of a program.

My boy Justin manhandled Kenny the whole game our senior year.

Who has all transferred there?

May be true, but South Pitt has been at or near the top of class A since LP BEENE became Head Coach. That's 70+ Years. They get some players in, but the majority are legacy players who followed their Grandparents in playing for the Pirates. The community support is unsurpassed; which is a big part of the success. Talent is important, but you still have to Coach them. I understand Opponents are a little jealous.

May be true, but South Pitt has been at or near the top of class A since LP BEENE became Head Coach. That's 70+ Years. They get some players in, but the majority are legacy players who followed their Grandparents in playing for the Pirates. The community support is unsurpassed; which is a big part of the success. Talent is important, but you still have to Coach them. I understand Opponents are a little jealous.
Eight miles of hate baby….😀

I played against South Pitt back in the fall of 85 and 86. In 85 they had Cisco (spelling?) and ran the single wing. They were VERY good. In 86 it was that same single wing, run game, racking up yards with a different RB.
They knocked us out of the play offs both those years and a few other times in years following.

Congrats Pirates 🏴‍☠️ on an outstanding undefeated season!!
DOMINATING DEFENSE!!
Well done………👍👍👏👏👏👏

Exactly ^

Community support = 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
That’s right 7 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
Go Pirates 🏴‍☠️

Your right most communities don't hand out free rental properties for d1 athletes families.
Little jealous there loll…. they thump that Dunlap school on a regular basis huh….and what y’all bout 4 times bigger!! Lol

Reactions: Alto1
Little jealous there loll…. they thump that Dunlap school on a regular basis huh….and what y’all bout 4 times bigger!! Lol
Absolutely not! Just curious how one of the smallest schools in the state are able to land the number of big time transfers especially those kids from out of state.

Reactions: coachchia
Absolutely not! Just curious how one of the smallest schools in the state are able to land the number of big time transfers especially those kids from out of state.
One kid from out of state not kids… quit embellishing there hossfly. The 2 Mr. Football nominees and the Championship MVP all homegrown. To answer you curiosity maybe their parents want what’s best for their kid!

YEP! They can't handle it. AND no matter how much talent you have you still have to Coach and Perform! Jealous ------fosho.

Reactions: Alto1

VN Store

Back