South Carolina 7.5 over Vols

TN is battle tested. Auburn win proved we can be poised on the road in a hostile environment and come away with a W. Expect a 3-4 point loss or victory. Go Vols!

Gambling P.O.V. here (not homer, never mix your heart and money) I like the Vols. SCAR hasn’t been great against the number in general this season (3-3) and just 1-3 at home. I expect this one to be close, and could go either way. Give me the touchdown and the hook!

Tread lightly and keep in mind that most teams don't play up to their standard the week following the Alabama game.

I've thought SC was overrated all season and this game has never worried me, except that its after Bama and I'm not sure how mentally prepared Pruitt will have them.

I didn't go that far. I really thought USC would challenge UGA for the Division. Seemed like all the stars were aligning for Muschamp and I believe his roster was very junior and senior heavy. I am a bit surprised at how poorly Bentley has played for them. However, I the thrill of the Vols beating Muschamp will be delicious.

Reactions: RollerVol
Tread lightly and keep in mind that most teams don't play up to their standard the week following the Alabama game.
Only Arkansas lost the week following bama. Mizzou had probably their best game of the year last weekend following the bama game. I don’t have a clue who wins Saturday, but I don’t think the bama game has anything to do with it.

Only Arkansas lost the week following bama. Mizzou had probably their best game of the year last weekend following the bama game. I don’t have a clue who wins Saturday, but I don’t think the bama game has anything to do with it.
Interesting. I've always heard that teams don't usually cover the week after they play Bama, but I've never personally looked into it.

Reactions: 66volfan
I've thought SC was overrated all season and this game has never worried me, except that its after Bama and I'm not sure how mentally prepared Pruitt will have them.
'Not gonna' prognosticate too much here, Behr, but I do think Coach Pruitt's going to have these boys pretty revved up for this one. 'Sure hope so.

I had an SVT ablation procedure done at Duke University Hospital just last Friday; am planning on being at William's Bryce Stadium, though....section 19, row A1, seat #5. That's around the 40 yd. line and it's on UT's bench's side of the field. If you see a crazed, white haired bearded old man in all orange dropping over on the very front row, don't worry...I'll get back up. My question is: Are any of my fellow Volnationals sitting nearby? Also...who's tailgating and where. I'll be glad to contribute.

bama had a little to do with knocking out our starting QB.

would imagine the boys will come out like they have something to prove/win...

GO VOLS...BEAT GAMECOCKS!

The teams after playing Alabama are 6-1 with a 24 point average winning margin. The opposite is actually true of what you stated.
I see that Louisville beat Indiana State, Arkansas State beat Tulsa, Ole Miss beat Kent, A&M beat Arkansas, UL Lafayette beat Texas State, Arkansas got beat by Ole Miss, and Missouri beat Memphis. None of that really means anything. I'd be more interested to see how they did against the spread but not interested enough to look it up.

I like our chances a lot this year. Considering we almost won last year, when we gave up 2 fumbles and 7 sacks. Also, this time last year, many of our players had already given up. We have seen player improvement in both technique and disciple, team grit/fight and much improved coaching. Vols by 13.

bama had a little to do with knocking out our starting QB.
Not to start a qb debate but the offense looked better with the backup and I’m a fan of JG.
Back to the point, that still doesn’t quantify the statement that most teams play Up to their standard the week after bama.

Edit: fixed misquote

Last edited:
Interesting. I've always heard that teams don't usually cover the week after they play Bama, but I've never personally looked into it.
I’ve always heard the same. I had to check the records of their opponents so far this year to see if it was true. As to not covering the spread, that part could very well be true, I didn’t look that deep.

VN Store

Back