Sous Vide Cooking

I got a Sous Vide Power Precision cooker from my sister for Christmas. It's like entry level but has gotten great reviews. Some guy cooked a 21lb turkey with it successfully.

That must takes days to cook.

I’ve been doing more research and have read that you basically need to cook everything long enough to pasteurize it

Last edited:
Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Cooked perfect. Best pork chop ive ever cooked

Don’t know why the photo is sideways tho

Attachments

• BD828FE1-22B1-441E-97D2-6E26C9072328.jpg
    BD828FE1-22B1-441E-97D2-6E26C9072328.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Grudenator
Cooked perfect. Best pork chop ive ever cooked

Don’t know why the photo is sideways tho

Did some thick chops this weekend too. Turned out great. Will try some steaks this week.

Between this and my smoker with a remote I may never have to worry about my cooking again

Been considering this. Anyone have feedback on the one they ordered and likes or dislikes? Or if you wish you’d bought a different brand?

I've got the same one and love it, bought five from Amazon back at Christmas for gifts and kept one for myself. Did you get the wifi version?

Yes. Although I don't really understand the point of being able to control it remotely

Yes. Although I don't really understand the point of being able to control it remotely

Well most things take at least an hour to cook, and it does take some time to heat the water from room temp, so theoretically you could turn in on when you leave work and it be ready to drop your food in when you get home.

Been considering this. Anyone have feedback on the one they ordered and likes or dislikes? Or if you wish you’d bought a different brand?

I have the Annova. I think it has Wifi or Bluetooth which on a Sous Vide machine is totally worthless in my opinion.
I take my plastic bin and put water in it, hang the Annova heater on the side and clip a bag o meat on the other side. I press play and it heats the water to 129 degrees which is a perfect medium rare.
After an hour or three I pull it out of the bath and sear it in a cast iron pan. Perfect steak every time.

Has anyone had texture issues with Sous Vide cooking? I love cooking sous vide because it is the absolute perfect temperature every single time, however, when I do it the meat texture seems off almost watery if I had to describe it. Just wondering if anyone else has issues like this?

Has anyone had texture issues with Sous Vide cooking? I love cooking sous vide because it is the absolute perfect temperature every single time, however, when I do it the meat texture seems off almost watery if I had to describe it. Just wondering if anyone else has issues like this?

Nope. What kind of bag do you use?

I have the Annova. I think it has Wifi or Bluetooth which on a Sous Vide machine is totally worthless in my opinion.
I take my plastic bin and put water in it, hang the Annova heater on the side and clip a bag o meat on the other side. I press play and it heats the water to 129 degrees which is a perfect medium rare.
After an hour or three I pull it out of the bath and sear it in a cast iron pan. Perfect steak every time.

Thank you

I got one today. Had it up and running less than hour after it was delivered.

Thumbs up so far. Steaks were easy and tasted great.

Reactions: Grudenator
Wife started the steaks and I'll finish them when I get home. Is this too easy?

Yeah, I get it. Thick steaks done on my egg are hard to beat. The sous vide makes it even better in my opinion. I have medium rare throughout the cut. Not just in the center.
Is he searing with butter and rosemary the last 30 seconds?

Reactions: VolStrom

VN Store

Back