Sources Close to Candace Say She Received 2 Reasons

"Officially, according to sources close to Parker, she was given two reasons for not being included on the final roster. Parker was told she was no longer the best player at her position, with that nod presumably going to Elena Delle Donne. She was also told she “didn’t match up well with Australia.” Parker was said to be floored by the reasoning".

Copied out of Was Candace Parker Left Off The Olympic Team Because She Wears adidas? | Nice Kicks

FYI you have to scroll down quite a bit the piece starts with Mens discussion

This is BS and they know it. CP is one of the top five women basketball players on this planet and in the universe, if they play women's basketball on Mars or any other planet. The committee and Genno need to be straight with her and admit that CP got screwed, no dinner, no kiss, no thank you, but straight up screwed.

Reactions: 1 person
We can only hope that this leads to a total change in the way our Olympic women's basketball team selection and coaching process works! I hope everyone will continue to inundate the "powers that be" with their anger and dismay, and that eventually those who had a hand in this will "get theirs" in double measure.

By the way, I will be pulling for Australia and almost everyone else. It's time there were consequences for Geno's or the selection committee's actions!

Reactions: 3 people
We can only hope that this leads to a total change in the way our Olympic women's basketball team selection and coaching process works! I hope everyone will continue to inundate the "powers that be" with their anger and dismay, and that eventually those who had a hand in this will "get theirs" in double measure.

By the way, I will be pulling for Australia and almost everyone else. It's time there were consequences for Geno's or the selection committee's actions!

Not me. Candace Parker is not more important than Red White and Blue for me.

I will be cheering for Team USA all the way. Regardless of who coaches and who plays.

Reactions: 7 people
Bottom line is it's all about recruiting and getting a leg up on everyone else. Come to UCONN and be in the Olympics. Geno is selling it while he can.

Reactions: 1 person
No I am a real Tenn fan. I just do not post useless hatred for others.

It's possible to have valid reasons for disliking someone without jealousy being the root cause. Geno Auriemma's personality and character traits reveal him to be condescending with a constantly flippant attitude. He's arrogant, conceited, snarky and obnoxious. His actions have proven him to be overly sensitive, petty, self serving, vindictive, dishonest and unscrupulous. As for jealousy? I don't feel any of those things about Nick Saban who has dominated a much more competitive sport and had much more impact on the landscape of collegiate athletics with his significantly more impressive achievements. I do feel those things about Geno Auriemma because they are justified. Some people win with class while some people are like Geno.

Reactions: 11 people
No I am a real Tenn fan. I just do not post useless hatred for others.

I am with you. If we win, everything will take care of itself.

I just don't see why I should spew nasty innuendos and hatred to others who do well. And I don't care to know any other stuff.

The LV is a class act. So should the fans be. :good!:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Megan Walker has Tennessee in her final four. That would help getting closer to one.
Can I ask you one qst- you guys have had 6-7 McD AA's in recent year, including DD- the future #1 pick. What makes anyone optimistic that better recruiting is going to lead to your next NC? W out a coaching chg, I really don't see it. There are a lot of coaches and programs emerging that should be grabbed ASAP imho. Her recent quote that she wants her team to develop a better work ethic? That's embarrassing really. Walk on medical students would start before our AA's if they didn't leave it on the court in practice. A blind person can see she cannot turn this ship around. I'm not being snarky- I'm just making some observations.

Can I ask you one qst- you guys have had 6-7 McD AA's in recent year, including DD- the future #1 pick. What makes anyone optimistic that better recruiting is going to lead to your next NC? W out a coaching chg, I really don't see it. There are a lot of coaches and programs emerging that should be grabbed ASAP imho. Her recent quote that she wants her team to develop a better work ethic? That's embarrassing really. Walk on medical students would start before our AA's if they didn't leave it on the court in practice. A blind person can see she cannot turn this ship around. I'm not being snarky- I'm just making some observations.

She might be the straw that stirs the drink. Stewart, Moore and Taurasi were your straws.

Holzclaw, CP3 were ours. Walker could be the next one.

Everyone had MCdonald AA's. Very few teams had the straw.

Reactions: 3 people
I am with you. If we win, everything will take care of itself.

I just don't see why I should spew nasty innuendos and hatred to others who do well. And I don't care to know any other stuff.

The LV is a class act. So should the fans be. :good!:

Times have changed sir. We're not the "older" crowd you see in the stands. You all can sing kumbiya with the UCONN posters if you want, but the younger generation handles things a little bit differently. We don't look at it as hate...just fighting fire with fire. If they have a negative insult to throw at the LVs, you better believe we're prepared to blast right back! You can call it what you want...hate, nasty innuendos, or classless, I know I don't possess a hateful or classless bone in my body but I will continue to give them grief as long as they feel like it's okay to give our team and posters grief on OUR board!

Reactions: 4 people
Megan Walker has Tennessee in her final four. That would help getting closer to one.

According to Hoopgurlz and Twitter we are not in the running for Megan Walker. Rumor and the boneyard has it she going to Uconn. Wish we would get her. Be nice.

She might be the straw that stirs the drink. Stewart, Moore and Taurasi were your straws.

Holzclaw, CP3 were ours. Walker could be the next one.

Everyone had MCdonald AA's. Very few teams had the straw.
That is an excellent point-

According to Hoopgurlz and Twitter we are not in the running for Megan Walker. Rumor and the boneyard has it she going to Uconn. Wish we would get her. Be nice.
I think the only thing that has the UC board excited is she posted or instagramed a pic w a UC tee shirt from a recent visit. I don't think there is anything else.

VN Store

Back