Source inside says CBP is gone. (rumor)

Doesn't the NCAA have to mitigate the punishment it would've handed down on Bruce Pearl because he came back to them shortly after lying and admitted he had done so?

If not, then there is never any incentive for a coach/player/institution to cooperate with the NCAA when it investigates. Why admit mistakes when the NCAA gives you no credit for doing so?

Lying to the NCAA is not something it will take lightly. And it plays by its own rules as we all know. The simple answer is: don't lie in the first place. But that is not reality.

The NCAA almost has to stop short of a death blow against Bruce because he did come clean. What that translates into remains to be seen.

From my source within the athletic department:

"Bruce Pearl will not return as the coach of the UT Men's Basketball team next season."

"The NCAA WILL suspend Bruce Pearl for one year and UT will lose scholarships in addition to the self-imposed and SEC sanctions."

Credible and reliable. Book it.

Yeah, ok.
But did that source mention anything about Rod Wilks transferring? Well, is he or isn't he?

Doesn't the NCAA have to mitigate the punishment it would've handed down on Bruce Pearl because he came back to them shortly after lying and admitted he had done so?

If not, then there is never any incentive for a coach/player/institution to cooperate with the NCAA when it investigates. Why admit mistakes when the NCAA gives you no credit for doing so?

Lying to the NCAA is not something it will take lightly. And it plays by its own rules as we all know. The simple answer is: don't lie in the first place. But that is not reality.

The NCAA almost has to stop short of a death blow against Bruce because he did come clean. What that translates into remains to be seen.
he was caught dead to rights..his admission was just window dressing.

After the Cam Newton thing and the way it looks in comparison to the Reggie Bush ruling, I think that this would be deemed excessive. Huge punishments like this usually come when the HC has been deemed as encouraging and promoting this behavior over a long period of time. A cookout at your house is a minor violation. The calls/texts are also minor violations. The university took the unprecidented move of punishing the HC and I think the NCAA would be foolish to pile on as thought the university and the coach had not had any punishment.

Also if UT gets rid of Pearl, then I will never follow the men's bb program again and will be staunchly against the AD and President. Yes, he made a big mistake, but since Bruce Pearl has been at UT he's made a bigger impact of putting the university in the public eye in a positive light than anyone on campus. He gives UT the positive swagger PR that is invaluable and no other person on campus does that for us. Stand by the guy even if he's suspend a full year and reap the rewards that come when Bruce sells the university to families that it's a place that stands behind you through thick and thin.

I say we getta...

Attachments

• 164188_10150120765110715_65907730714_8250193_5977059_n.jpg
    164188_10150120765110715_65907730714_8250193_5977059_n.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 8
I can't help but chuckle at the people who rationalize what bp did as being ok.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

An inside source has told me that the University very much wants to keep Pearl and that he has strong support. He also indicates that the NCAA has already advised UT that the sanctions against Pearl will be mitigated due to the fact he requested an additional meeting and came clean. No one knows at this point what the final sanctions will be. Anything short of a year suspension and Pearl remains the coach. Should he get a year suspension, all bets are off as to him remaining coach.

This all seems like gross overkill to me. Good grief. The lying was bad, I agree--and stupid because the violation was so damn trivial! He shouldn't be suspended for a year--that's a joke. Without Pearl this program will fall back into the big black hole it was in for 20 years. He's got charisma, and that is a good thing and very hard to find.

Not so fast my furry friend..dez bryant and pearl are not comparable. you are comparing a player vs a coach. the ONLY punishment the ncaa can bring on a player is suspension;whether that is for one game or a season,when said player is solely responsible. with pearl being the face of the program, then, suspension,loss of scholarships,being barred from coaching are among the possibilities. I think comparing pearl to violations of other coaches will determine his punishment.

Are there any examples of other coaches lying about a seondary violation, then coming clean about it for comparison?

the part where he asked others including parents to cover for him must not be too important.

VN Store

Back