Souce's Coffee Discussion Thread

Souce

-.- .. ... ... / -- -.-- / .- ... ... -.-.--
Ahhhh, coffee. You are my fuel in the mornings. Your robust flavors and aroma makes my heart fill with joy.

Since @Behr gets pissy when we use his food "discussion" thread, I decided to create my own for this particular topic.

Do you enjoy coffee? If not, why the hell not? If so, what's your favorite and how do you prepare it?

Hopefully we can use this thread to share ideas and findings of new brews we encounter.

3d770d75-1f47-49b9-a862-e24925f78848.jpg

We've had the coffe discussion before brah. I think Lima likes Peete's. Malin like JFG. I like Starbucks. Ah, I did buy a new bean grinder yesterday. I'll be grinding dark Italian toast tomorrow morning.

I drink mine black sometimes I add hazelnut syrup.

We've had the coffe discussion before brah. I think Lima likes Peete's. Malin like JFG. I like Starbucks. Ah, I did buy a new bean grinder yesterday. I'll be grinding dark Italian toast tomorrow morning.

I drink mine black sometimes I add hazelnut syrup.
Is "Italian Toast" a new type of blend? Sounds like it will have subtle hints of freshly baked breads.

Yep, Peet's French Roast (dark roast) whole beans.

Grind them right before brewing, drink it black. None of them sissy candy coffee drinks for us!

Reactions: Souce
--of course, after a mug and a half, I'm up on the ceiling.

We should amp this snob thread up a notch. What kind of coffee maker?

We have a Bunn (on our second.) Fastest thing around, and the thermal carafe keeps it hot for hours but not burnt. Won't work if you like to have a timer to wake up to coffee, but now that I am (semi-) retired, we just get up when we get up anyway.

I always drink mine black. Adding condiments, such as syrups, just destroys the true coffee flavor, IMO.

I agree, but sometimes I just want something different.

Right now I have 12oz bag of Italian dark roast and 6 oz of ground chocolate mocha mixed. I drink it black.

--of course, after a mug and a half, I'm up on the ceiling.

We should amp this snob thread up a notch. What kind of coffee maker?

We have a Bunn (on our second.) Fastest thing around, and the thermal carafe keeps it hot for hours but not burnt. Won't work if you like to have a timer to wake up to coffee, but now that I am (semi-) retired, we just get up when we get up anyway.
So, I really don't believe I'm a coffee snob, I just don't understand why people like anything other than dark roasts or having it straight black. I'm not too picky with brands or how it's prepared. We have a Keurig, a traditional drip coffee maker, and a french press. Overall, I prefer the flavor of the coffee from the french press, but it's too much work to use at work. We have a Keurig machine in our breakroom at work and my desk is approximately 15 feet away, so I utilize K-cups quite often. My favorite right now is Kroger's Private Selection brand - Guatemalan. It's the best I've found for the flavors I love. I've tried MANY different k-cups and this one is by FAR my favorite.
20181218_113709.jpg
I also purchase whole beans to use at home, but I've yet to find whole beans that I truly love. My boss brought me beans from a small town in Mexico a couple years ago and they were AMAZING. I'm still trying to find beans that are comparable. But, I'm also cheap and refuse to spend $30 on a small bag of beans -- even though I know they'll taste great.

Reactions: Behr and TopsideVol
As Behr said, JFG brewed is my favorite. However, since the Keurig came into the house, I am now a big fan of the Arabica Columbian.

I haven't added anything to my coffee in 3 years. I drink it black and that's the fact, Jack!

Reactions: Behr and Souce
As Behr said, JFG brewed is my favorite. However, since the Keurig came into the house, I am now a big fan of the Arabica Columbian.

I haven't added anything to my coffee in 3 years. I drink it black and that's the fact, Jack!

The way it should be!

Reactions: Behr
Get out of here and never come back!!

jk brah

You should try the Starbucks Dark Italian Roast Whole Beans. Its really a nice deep rich flavor. Publix is 9.99 for a 12oz bag but about every 2-3 weeks they have it for 6.99. Walmart is always 6.78.

You should try the Starbucks Dark Italian Roast Whole Beans. Its really a nice deep rich flavor. Publix is 9.99 for a 12oz bag but about every 2-3 weeks they have it for 6.99. Walmart is always 6.78.
I've tried almost all of Starbucks beans -- I think the Italian Roast included. For some reason they all give off a chemical aftertaste to me.

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back