Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

Sure ok. I know nothing about basketball. Wasn’t gonna hold him to that part but sure. Pearl blew it. Still not a Barnes fan though and leaving players in with 5 minutes left and up 30 was stupid. But Pearl crapped the bed so I lost.
That was the only part of the bet. There was nothing else and I highly doubt you would’ve let it go.

I noticed right after the Auburn game they showed Auburn guys and showed Pearl walking down the tunnel and he just looked deflated and destroyed. I actually felt kinda sorry for him for a brief moment...but that feeling has gone away...although I never really disliked the guy.
Lord no, I’ve never remotely disliked the guy. He was absolutely awesome here as our coach. It just so happens we have a better one now but that doesn’t take away anything Pearl did here at all. He’s a great coach and Auburn will be dangerous as long as he’s there. They just couldn’t execute down the stretch against Yale.

Already did.

Pearls team was not mentally prepared to play and was expecting a blow out. Pathetic loss and serious dent in his overall resume when u win the sec and lose first round. Absolutely pathetic. Team was not focused or ready. Falls on Pearl.
Obvious statement, one of which any 3rd grader could make. I am sure by this point you have admitted your lack of knowledge of BB by this post or are you backing down on your word.

Obvious statement, one of which any 3rd grader could make. I am sure by this point you have admitted your lack of knowledge of BB by this post or are you backing down on your word.

The Barnes fanatics on here drive me insane. I immediately stepped up and stated he blew it and called him out. I didn’t disappear and i immediately @ the guy I bet. Yet some of you just can’t let it go. Sheesh.

The Barnes fanatics on here drive me insane. I immediately stepped up and stated he blew it and called him out. I didn’t disappear and i immediately @ the guy I bet. Yet some of you just can’t let it go. Sheesh.
Sorry I got here late to the party of Barnes fanatics. Pearl is a great coach, but again he disgraced this University and cost himself a 3 year show cause (suspension). Plus jeopardize the careers of several good coaches. What kind of man does that? What's more, after being warned no contact with recruits he just basically pissed in the NCAA's face.

The University of Tennessee had no choice in the matter but to let him go. The NCAA did the rest. He regretted it and sure he might want to come back, but it is not worth the risk.
We have a great coach and yes based on past experiences Pearl may have lasted longer in the tournament than Barnes.

Here is my problem, you call out a group of Barnes Fanatics on this site. Barnes is the coach, it is posters like yourself that keep bringing Pearl into the conversation and forums. Sheesh. let the dog die without your statement and if so, then, half of this thread would be null and void.

Maybe you should go to the Auburn Boards to get your oats full instead of coming here and talking about Pearl. I think you got BB knowledge I just don't think you are a very good judge of character and made an unnecessary bet to stir up crap for your entertainment.

The guy you bet gave you credit too. Time to move on. You didn’t disappear like most do so kudos to you.

Sorry I got here late to the party of Barnes fanatics. Pearl is a great coach, but again he disgraced this University and cost himself a 3 year show cause (suspension). Plus jeopardize the careers of several good coaches. What kind of man does that? What's more, after being warned no contact with recruits he just basically pissed in the NCAA's face.

The University of Tennessee had no choice in the matter but to let him go. The NCAA did the rest. He regretted it and sure he might want to come back, but it is not worth the risk.
We have a great coach and yes based on past experiences Pearl may have lasted longer in the tournament than Barnes.

Here is my problem, you call out a group of Barnes Fanatics on this site. Barnes is the coach, it is posters like yourself that keep bringing Pearl into the conversation and forums. Sheesh. let the dog die without your statement and if so, then, half of this thread would be null and void.

Maybe you should go to the Auburn Boards to get your oats full instead of coming here and talking about Pearl. I think you got BB knowledge I just don't think you are a very good judge of character and made an unnecessary bet to stir up crap for your entertainment.

Pretty sure my comment was in a specific thread about Barnes and not just wailing on him all over the place. I honestly thought both got bounced same round, sweet 16. Why I even stated so before tourney started. I think Pearl ceiling is higher but he has the weird out of no where losses and isn’t consistent. I think Barnes is more steady and has a higher average ceiling but seemed he can never break through his ceiling to get to an elite level. The Texas game was well coached though and that back door cut near the end (which was a designed play I think) was a perfect call when no one was shooting well and they were catching up. I would love to see TN win it this year though. I am a Vols fan first. Just because I liked Pearl more doesn’t mean I like him more than the Vols. Vols come first. Hell I was a Vols fan through Dooley and Pruitt with FF for f sake. That was tough.

I lived through the Houston, O'Neill, Peterson, and Tyndall years. This thread is ridiculous. I'm not one of those who you going to get guys. I was ready for Dooley, Fulmer, Butch, and Pruitt to go. I'm not a sunshine pumper by any means. But I will gladly take Rick Barnes getting us into the tourney every year with high quality dudes than much anything else that is out there.

VN Store

Back