Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

If we lose this, it validates the exact reason Texas moved on from Barnes

I hope he realizes that

Guess what? We don’t lose. And we have made the S16 for the 3rd time in 5 years. Few teams have done that. Rick Barnes masterclass tonight while the rest of the SEC sits their ass at home.

One reason I'm so happy we won is the media framing this game as a Barnes vs Texas match up. He's the winningest coach in Texas history and if Texas woulda won it'd be "Texas gets last laugh at Rick Barnes" etc etc....so in that context it was extra special to win tonight. It wouldn't have "ruined my weekend" as I said it would have earlier...but it would have put a bummer type of damper on it.

I noticed right after the Auburn game they showed Auburn guys and showed Pearl walking down the tunnel and he just looked deflated and destroyed. I actually felt kinda sorry for him for a brief moment...but that feeling has gone away...although I never really disliked the guy.

One reason I'm so happy we won is the media framing this game as a Barnes vs Texas match up. He's the winningest coach in Texas history and if Texas woulda won it'd be "Texas gets last laugh at Rick Barnes" etc etc....so in that context it was extra special to win tonight. It wouldn't have "ruined my weekend" as I said it would have earlier...but it would have put a bummer type of damper on it.
They are joining the SEC so there will be many more matchups. Plus as Rick stated, he has been at Tennessee for 9 years now. I would say being away from your former job for almost a decade you wouldn’t recognize many faces around there. The media just likes to stir 💩 up for clicks and ratings.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Rick Barnes > Josh Heupel in that he is going away from his super senior and realizes loyalty to average players will get you beat
Nice way to work in a dig about our football coach who has done an incredible job since coming here. He must really be in your head. I’m not sure how many coaches would’ve done as well as Heupel if given the same scenario but it seems you have little to no appreciation for that. Sad.

VN Store

Back