Some Assistant Coaches Contracts Finalized

VOLfrombama

WR Coach Pope’s new deal will run through January 31, 2026 paying him $550,000 annually.

DL Coach Garner’s new contract runs through January of 2026 and Garner will be paid $900,000 a year.

CB Coach Willie Martinez has received a new one year contract that will pay him the same $540,000 for the 2024 season and will expire on January 31, 2025.

Currently, special teams coordinator Mike Ekeler and defensive coordinator Tim Banks’ contract expires in January of 2025 as Tennessee continues to work to finalize their contracts heading into the 2024 season.

Rb coach Sims will make $350K

LB coach William Inge will make $720K

I saw no mention of Ellerbee, Abeln, or Halzle

WR Coach Pope’s new deal will run through January 31, 2026 paying him $550,000 annually.

DL Coach Garner’s new contract runs through January of 2026 and Garner will be paid $900,000 a year.

CB Coach Willie Martinez has received a new one year contract that will pay him the same $540,000 for the 2024 season and will expire on January 31, 2025.

Currently, special teams coordinator Mike Ekelerand defensive coordinator Tim Banks’ contract expires in January of 2025 as Tennessee continues to work to finalize their contracts heading into the 2024 season.

Rb coach Sims will make $350K

LB coach William Inge will make $720K

I saw no mention of Ellerbee, Abeln, or Halzle
Garner's contract needs to be longer in my opinion, but I'll take it

Garner's contract needs to be longer in my opinion, but I'll take it
For some reason, they supposedly don't do more than 2 year contracts for assistants. I don't know if that's a DW thing or what, but VQ said that was a point of contention for BJM before he left for Michigan, along with a Co-DC title, which was rumored to be offered.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I'm not a wee Willie fan, and won't be until he teaches his DBs to not give WRs 10 yard cushions. AND, AND, AND to run their heads around and look for the ball.

Reactions: Deebowbear
You do know the cushion is determined by Banks, right?
No, I don't. I thought banks were devoted to transactions or confining water to their courses. That and determining course changes for airplanes.

I'm not a wee Willie fan, and won't be until he teaches his DBs to not give WRs 10 yard cushions. AND, AND, AND to run their heads around and look for the ball.
Wondering when someone would bring up Martinez. Thankfully it didn’t take long. Now our amateur DB coach’s can contribute to the thread.

Wondering when someone would bring up Martinez. Thankfully it didn’t take long. Now our amateur DB coach’s can contribute to the thread.
I bet you can't say, with a straight face, you think he's a good coach.

I mean you're insane, but that's pretty funny right there.
[Standing up proudly.]
1710589064919.png
Why, thank-you for the compliment. Insane? I never have claimed otherwise, my aim is to be one of a kind. Yes siree. I haven't surpassed Jack Oswald White yet, but one day I aim to do just that. Thank you again for your compliment. [Thumping chest proudly.]
1710589164458.png

I'm no fan of Martinez, but I'm wondering if he plans to retire after this season, hence the one year contract.

For some reason, they supposedly don't do more than 2 year contracts for assistants. I don't know if that's a DW thing or what, but VQ said that was a point of contention for BJM before he left for Michigan, along with a Co-DC title, which was rumored to be offered.
Remember the Lane Kiffin debacle? He left and we had a ton of assistants under contract. They were too cheap to buy them out. David Cutcliffe was ready to accept the job until he was told he would not be able to bring his people in. Dooley agreed to keeping the assistants and thus another brick of the big orange screw.

Reactions: VOLfrombama

VN Store

Back