Softball exhibition games Saturday

Wondering if the girls wore the new unis -- if anyone has pics from any of the games please post them :clap:

Well, Stephen doesn't work with Tennessee softball anymore, so there will likely not be broadcasts at all anymore until the Vol Network with Brian Rice begins their radio coverage on AM 990 when SEC play begins.

Was Stephen bad? Sure. The broadcasts were not his primary job, which is why he only did them when radio couldn't be there. The good news is, you won't have anything to complain about anymore. You said last year that nothing would be better, so now you'll get to find out.

I personally don't like the nothing is better at all :hi:

there has to be some communications or some other classes that some students would love to take the mic and broadcast us some games,I would love to hear them,but that is just me,i guess :)

I sat behind him (Stephen) at a few of the early-season tournament games and he was busy. I don't know exactly what all he did but he was constantly busy, it's not like he was just sitting there.

Last edited:
I figured as much Jeff,once deerpark said he was pretty much doing everything

come back Steve :)

I personally don't like the nothing is better at all :hi:

there has to be some communications or some other classes that some students would love to take the mic and broadcast us some games,I would love to hear them,but that is just me,i guess :)

It's a matter of cost, not availability. It costs a lot of money to buy a plane ticket, hotel, meals, etc for and extra person to travel with the team. During the SEC season, ad revenue from the radio broadcasts offsets that. But for preseason tournaments when games take place during the day or conflict with basketball games, they can't sell enough ads for an online-only broadcast.

Wondering if the girls wore the new unis -- if anyone has pics from any of the games please post them :clap:

No, uniforms will not be in until right before the season. For the fall, they've worn old uniforms wit the adidas logo covered.

I sat behind him (Stephen) at a few of the early-season tournament games and he was busy. I don't know exactly what all he did but he was constantly busy, it's not like he was just sitting there.

I believe Stephen was the SID for softball after Brian Davis moved on. So yes, he was very, very busy.

No, uniforms will not be in until right before the season. For the fall, they've worn old uniforms wit the adidas logo covered.

As much as Nike is worth I would figure they could at least give them exhibition uniforms instead of covering up a rivals logo

It's a matter of cost, not availability. It costs a lot of money to buy a plane ticket, hotel, meals, etc for and extra person to travel with the team. During the SEC season, ad revenue from the radio broadcasts offsets that. But for preseason tournaments when games take place during the day or conflict with basketball games, they can't sell enough ads for an online-only broadcast.

well all that is true,but us fans would greatly appreciative it,excluding gule of course :) and thanks for the information and the work you put into VolNation.com,well done sir :hi:

or sirett lol

VN Store

Back