Softball drama

If she had no intention of high-fiving the rest of the high-five line, she should have peeled off to her left and exited the high-five line. She put herself in the line of five....

What did she do after the first two games? If she had put her hand down at the coaches those times:

1) he knew she would again and what he did was planned and intentional,
2) her refusing to have her hand up (plain bad sportmanship) is a matter between her and her school/coach's rules,
3) he was wrong regardless; I looked at the video and no way that was accidental or unintentional. Agree wasn't much of a touch, but he had NO business putting his hands on her. Especially in an opposing coach-player situation. He needs some serious talking to from his superiors.

Inexcusable no matter what kind of BS he comes up with to attempt to explain/justify it.

Jmo...as the mother of a daughter who played competitive sports.

It was posted in the other thread about this that she did not high five any of the coaches in the previous two games just like in this one.

If she had no intention of high-fiving the rest of the high-five line, she should have peeled off to her left and exited the high-five line. She put herself in the line of five....

After wins they turn around and the team hi-fives their teammates so she just couldn't exit the line

In MLB the handshakes or high fives are usually after the series is over. Meaning only one time for interaction. Is it not the same in softball? But anyways, Coach should've never put his hands on the opposing player. She has the right not to high five or shake hands if she chooses, unless it's a school policy. Bad sportsmanship? Or bad blood? Could say so, but he did kick two of her sisters off the team prior. Just my opinion.

I'm not aware that hi-five lines after games are NCAA policy. I think they are just customary displays of sportsmanship. Exiting the line would have been far less earth-shattering than commencing into a shoving match with any member of the opposing team.

The coach was careless in this situation but admitted it and apologized for it publicly. He might have felt baited intentionally, but he didn't accuse that.

The clincher for me is the fact that Fagan's coach at Auburn exhibits neutrality and distance from this incident. If he is good with it, then so am I.

I'm not aware that hi-five lines after games are NCAA policy. I think they are just customary displays of sportsmanship. Exiting the line would have been far less earth-shattering than commencing into a shoving match with any member of the opposing team.

The coach was careless in this situation but admitted it and apologized for it publicly. He might have felt baited intentionally, but he didn't accuse that.

The clincher for me is the fact that Fagan's coach at Auburn exhibits neutrality and distance from this incident. If he is good with it, then so am I.

That's because Myers is as big of a dhead as Walton. Neither has any class IMHO!

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like you're quite knowledgeable about this family's "attitudinal problem". Care to share with the rest of us?

Not "quite knowledge" but I've ran into them a few times doing travel softball coaching. Nothing really unique to that family. Just the same sort of prima donna attitude that inflicts many sports heavy families. They got a lot of attention because they have three children very close in age group. Three brats traveling in a pack vs. one brat on their own tends to draw more attention.

Reactions: 1 person
If I were the head coach at Auburn I would have shown him what a push should look like at the end of the line. No one treat an opposing player like that. He is a douche.

Please. Walton would've kicked Myers' ass twice around the parking lot.

And I'm no Walton fan, but Myers is no saint, either. Much more unlikable than Walton, TBH. He let's crap like this go on with his players while I can't name a player Florida has ever had that has created drama like this.

And yeah the whole Fagan family is nothing but a pack of a-holes.

Reactions: 2 people
That's because Myers is as big of a dhead as Walton. Neither has any class IMHO!

Obviously, there are a lot of young ladies who couldn't disagree with you more. Both of those teams are loaded. And these players had to settle for offers from just teams lead by dhead coaches? Really? They are so phenomenally tolerant!

To me that's pathetic. I didn't really see where the coach did anything wrong and the girl just acted ridiculous. Nice way to show sportsmanship. After all she pushed him. But hey blame game society we're in this thing will get blown completely out of proportion and the coach probably loses in the end..,PATHETIC!!!

If she doesn't get in the high five line at all it really comes off poor sportsmanship but just avoiding a coach she has a personal beef with is not that big of a deal.

Is this the most attention a high five line has ever received? lol

Obviously, there are a lot of young ladies who couldn't disagree with you more. Both of those teams are loaded. And these players had to settle for offers from just teams lead by dhead coaches? Really? They are so phenomenally tolerant!

Who said the LADIES though he was a dhead? The way someone acts most of the time on and off camera has nothing to do with the players.

Why do we have to have these stupid high five lines anyway? Is this a NCAA requirement? Where did they start? I played High School (football, basketball, baseball) and Collegiate (DI Basketball) athletics and never remember going thru one of these lines.

To me that's pathetic. I didn't really see where the coach did anything wrong and the girl just acted ridiculous. Nice way to show sportsmanship. After all she pushed him. But hey blame game society we're in this thing will get blown completely out of proportion and the coach probably loses in the end..,PATHETIC!!!

We can debate back and fourth all day on her action but seriously? You don't see him doing anything wrong? And her push was after his so there is that....

Why do we have to have these stupid high five lines anyway? Is this a NCAA requirement? Where did they start? I played High School (football, basketball, baseball) and Collegiate (DI Basketball) athletics and never remember going thru one of these lines.

High-five lines have never been required/mandatory by the NCAA.

They have been nothing but nice to me....so when people talk bad about them I've never seen it :dunno:

The VAST majority of those involved in the softball community who know them or know of them would disagree with you. Their reputation is well documented. Glad you have had good experiences with them, though. I can promise you you're in a small minority.

Who started the episode? The girl.

Everything else that happened was therefore her fault. Case closed.

One of the Fagan sisters that was kicked off UF is a grad asst on Auburn -- did she go through the high five line ? It looked more like UF players may have been taunting her and thats whats she was yelling about

Who started the episode? The girl.

Everything else that happened was therefore her fault. Case closed.

She chose not to 5 the coach. Dumb A$$ took the bait. She acted like a 10 year old and he acted like a 7 year old. He should have never pushed her shoulder. There is some history there.

Reactions: 4 people
nuthin wrong with that girl a good spanking wouldn't cure.

Spare the rod, spoil the child!

VN Store

Back