Soccer team = frustrating...

armchair

The Vols struggle to beat inferior teams and almost never beat or tie a superior team. Last night's auburn game was an example of how this team has played for a few years: Dominated auburn for large portions of the match, most of the match--and yet could only manage a 1-1 tie, and had to score with a minute left to get that. Should have won the match. I like the coach--he knows what he's doing--we just need to recruit a little better, finish our chances a little better--and get over the hump.

No complaining today. We won in real football.

Soccer team needs an enforcer.....other teams pass around with no fear of being knocked on their butts... #17 is one of the best playas I have ever seen at ut, but she cant do it alone

Program has fallen off, mostly because the previous coach didn't recruit very well in her last few years. The midfield is bad--slow and doesn't possess the ball well or create for our strikers. We've got two good strikers--Brown has had a very good year but Wilkinson has not done very little, which is disappointing because she has size and speed and skills. We have been beat by kentucky, south carolina and an average arkansas team in the last two weeks, almost got beat by a mediocre auburn and right now we are being dominated by florida. A few years ago we had the best soccer program in the conference--not anymore. Need better players.

Reactions: 1 person
I wished UGA was on this year's schedule. My daughter was dying to get up there to see a game but we cannot travel as often as I would like. So we were stuck watching UGA games since we live close to them. I've tried getting a jersey for my daughter. If anyone knows how to get one (don't see them in the store) please let me know. It would be nice to get her something for Christmas.

VN Store

Back