So who can tell me? Does our defense got B-O-U-N-C-E ???

Sgt_Nick_Fury

Danneskjöld's love child.
I have to be honest didn't keep up with the Orange and White game this year, and I haven't been watching practice vids. (real life threw me my own curve) Love Butch Jones attitude though in interviews and the fire he seems to have in the Belly, and more importantly the authority and discipline in his voice that has been missing.....but i got to ask...... Does our defense GOT THAT BOUNCE!!!!?

You know what I mean (esp if you remember me) ..... do we have that Al Wilson, Leonard Little, "I am a beast and you are my prey!" and and I am dancing leg to leg like a Lion about to tear you up wherever you try and run......DO WE GOT THAT BOUNCE back? I love all my Vols Offense and Defense....but the defense has my devotion and greatest love. Got my Season Tickets this year, and will be losing my voice every Saturday 1st 2nd 3rd, and 4th downs, I just wanna see my Tennessee Vols Defense rippin and rolling again!!!! So who can tell me, defensively are we legit?

tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Probably not, still licking wounds from last year. If you listen to their interviews they are "getting better every day" "working on their fundamentals" Not saying that's a bad thing, I expect a better D but if you're looking for a top of the SEC defense, I don't think you'll find it.

Reactions: 1 person
When I talk about BOUNCE I am talking the attitude and passion. Learning and improving is a never ending battle, but I have missed seeing the passion and emotion in recent years... the mentality of Tennessee Defenses before the coaching mix ups. Eric Berry had it for sure as well as skill. Hoping we'll see a break out year for A.J. he's a step away from being a classic. Having pep, and hustle is a stage you got to have before you can improve much else. I wanna see us swarming again.

One of the reason I still have high hopes.....A.J.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwIXjRMzR1w[/youtube]

If you can get one guy on a team with the right attitude it can be infectious....especially if he can step up his leadership.

Reactions: 4 people
LOL My soul is spoken for.....

Another guy I can't wait to see. I know he's got to prove himself at collegic level......but hoping to see Jason get some playtime.

**REMOVED VIDEO**

Was for another Jason Carr

Last edited:
Another Tennessee D player that could easily become a grown man walking among the boys... Bryon Moore....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cqjoJMk_CA [/youtube]

Last edited:
One of the reason I still have high hopes.....A.J.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwIXjRMzR1w[/youtube]

If you can get one guy on a team with the right attitude it can be infectious....especially if he can step up his leadership.

Aj is a stud tackler and run stuffer, but struggles in pass coverage and in the open field. If I were him, I would fake an injury for the Oregon game to keep my draft stock respectable. It won't be pretty.

We have some guys with attitude and energy. Brian Randolph, A.J., B-Moore, Jacques...these guys want it. This defense doesn't ask the guys to think as much. They're asked to attack. Do we have a Little or Wilson? Probably not. We do have some all-conference talent and a system that will allow these guys to just play.

LOL My soul is spoken for.....

Another guy I can't wait to see. I know he's got to prove himself at collegic level......but hoping to see Jason get some playtime.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/ELyN0Bc1iSg[/youtube]

Me too... At least on film, dude looks like an animal.

Did I say anything that isn't true?

To be fair, I imagine both defenses will look porous in that game. The pace suggests big scores. We'll try pounding the football and Oregon will stay fast strike. We will lose, but I think our offense shows life in using the run and efficient short passes.

Aj is a stud tackler and run stuffer, but struggles in pass coverage and in the open field. If I were him, I would fake an injury for the Oregon game to keep my draft stock respectable. It won't be pretty.

Speaks volumes... I could actually imagine you doing this.

Edit: Assuming you ever had enough talent to even set foot on a collegiate football field.

Reactions: 5 people
To be fair, I imagine both defenses will look porous in that game. The pace suggests big scores. We'll try pounding the football and Oregon will stay fast strike. We will lose, but I think our offense shows life in using the run and efficient short passes.

Hoping that if we can get even a little pressure Moore could come up with some turn overs. To have a chance with the ducks we absolutely will need some turnovers.

Last edited:
Hoping that if we can get even a little pressure Moore could come up with some turn overs. To have a chance with the ducks we absolutely will need some turnovers.

We'll have to force a couple and eliminate our own to have a shot to hang with what is a much faster team.

Speaks volumes... I could actually imagine you doing this.

Edit: Assuming you ever had enough talent to even set foot on a collegiate football field.

Hyperbole: using an extreme example to make a point. That's what I did. You need to lighten up.

Another player who I think is athletic and talented enough to break out be a SEC leader...LaDarrell McNeil

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02EK9c8zKkY[/youtube]

Hyperbole: using an extreme example to make a point. That's what I did. You need to lighten up.

I understand the why...but the pessimism among fans is really deadly to the program.... I'm tired of seeing posts by "fans" who think it's cooler to be pessimistic just so they don't get hopes dashed. It's just not the Tennessee way....least not till Kiffin came here. That sort of talk was unheard of at Tennessee in the past. Maybe it's a generational thing too I dunno. Negative thinking is a guarantee for negative outcome. It doesn't make one cool, and it's not being "realistic" to put people down before they even have a chance to prove themselves. Realistic would be to say he's going to be challenged in the Ducks game, and have to work on his discipline.....that extra "hyperbole" i don't like to hear from a fan any more then a player. That's just my "opinion".

Reactions: 7 people
I think our defense will be better this year, How much better with mostly the same players remains to be seen. I do indeed hope the new staff can teach this squad how to tackle, something that was definately amiss last year. All of us Vol fans are wishing for a miracle turnaround this year, I'm just not sure our wishes will come true in just one year. I'm afraid the Vol faithful will have to be patient for possibly 2-3 more years, but we all know miracles can indeed happen.
Go Vols

I have to be honest didn't keep up with the Orange and White game this year, and I haven't been watching practice vids. (real life threw me my own curve) Love Butch Jones attitude though in interviews and the fire he seems to have in the Belly, and more importantly the authority and discipline in his voice that has been missing.....but i got to ask...... Does our defense GOT THAT BOUNCE!!!!?

You know what I mean (esp if you remember me) ..... do we have that Al Wilson, Leonard Little, "I am a beast and you are my prey!" and and I am dancing leg to leg like a Lion about to tear you up wherever you try and run......DO WE GOT THAT BOUNCE back? I love all my Vols Offense and Defense....but the defense has my devotion and greatest love. Got my Season Tickets this year, and will be losing my voice every Saturday 1st 2nd 3rd, and 4th downs, I just wanna see my Tennessee Vols Defense rippin and rolling again!!!! So who can tell me, defensively are we legit?

tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif
Uh....Chavis would have the whole DL do that sometimes, even swapping places on the line....trying to mess with the QB's head a bit. But it was rare. Pretty sure the Defensive coaches aren't teaching them to B-O-U-N-C-E around like a bored adolescent.

VN Store

Back