So what can we expect from here?

I expect us to hang with Bama for 2 quarters then they pull away and hang 48 on us.

After that all the games are what winnable.

SC will be a defensive matchup with a low score. Toss up game but I give then the edge since we will have just had Bama.

Charlotte is a win.

Kentucky is a toss up but I think if we can shut their QB down we win.

Missouri is a win I think. High scoring 34-28 type win.

Vandy. Should be a win but those guys have had our number lately. Dog fight for a quarter or two then we win by 2 scores.

8-4 possible with 5-7 being possible too.

I loved Helton's play calling for every down except 1st. I actually liked that we stuck with the run but I didn't like that so many were on 1st down and set us up for 3rd and long. JG and WR Corp played out of their minds and bailed us out of bad 1st downs but that trend can't continue.

Reactions: Weezer
These are things I saw and my thoughts...

1...Our O line was just a tad better against a very good D line and that tad better made a difference.

2...Give JG a tad more time and he can hit his targets with good passes.

3...Give our TE's and WR's a tad more time and they can get out on their routes better.

4...I finally saw our WR's attack the ball while it was in the air and then fight like hell to take the ball away from the defenders like all good WR's do, Finally!

5...Ty Chandler is being Ty Chandler and as long as we feed him the ball enough then good things will happen.

6...Our D finally got some pressure on their QB and as long as we keep doing that then more good things will happen.

7...Our kickers are doing a good job and our coverage units on special teams are also doing a good job.

Our young men are learning the systems that Pruitt and Helton and staff have been trying to teach them and as they learn it better they will play better and start playing much faster since they won't have to hesitate a second or 2 to think about what they're doing.

Things are just now starting to come more naturally to them and it's only going to get better from here.

This was a huge WIN and I hope it results in getting more top recruits to help speed up this total rebuild.

If you can't now see the light at the end of the tunnel then you're either not looking or you're blind.

VFL...GBO!!!

I hope we can stay healthy through the Bama game and fight for 4 quarters to keep momentum high.

Reactions: Weezer
I feel like we just need to survive Bama. And by survive, no injuries. I think Kentucky is the only game left on the schedule that us winning would be considered an upset at this moment. They could be anywhere from a 1 loss team to a beaten up 2-3 loss team by the time our game rolls around. The best offense we will see outside of Bama is Mizzou. They will either be hot or cold.

There is nothing about Vandy or USC that scares me into thinking we can't win. Staying healthy is the key.

I think 5-7 to 7-5 is our realistic range at this point. We will get at least one win out of USCe, Mizzou, Kentucky, and Vandy. Can we eke out three of the four? Maybe.

Continuous, steady improvement is the key. Playing catch-up.

SC and Mizzou are in play. Bowl game is there as well... team is coming together, moral, confidence is surging after Sat and that will push them in a tight game.

More times than not, during a season, we will win a game that we are not expected to win and we lose a game we are not supposed to lose
We should not have lost to Florida and we should not habe beaten Auburn
So now that is out of the way, we can play winning football
I see us losing to Bama but USC makes me nervous because Tennessee has never beaten a Muschamp coached team
I see a Charlotte, Vandy & Kentucky win. I see a Misery and USC toss up games and Bama as a loss

I expect us to hang with Bama for 2 quarters then they pull away and hang 48 on us.

SC will be a defensive matchup with a low score. Toss up game but I give then the edge since we will have just had Bama.

Charlotte is a win.

Vandy. Should be a win but those guys have had our number lately. Dog fight for a quarter or two then we win by 2 scores.

I agree about AU giving us help, but we helped pressure to create those and took advantage. Still their mistakes is a big reason that while I am optimistic I am still cautious about what to expect in the w/l column from here. I am hopeful it is a big springboard though.

I'll go further than you. AU didn't help us- created turnovers aren't the same as what we did against UF, where we handed them the ball. We FORCED INTs and fumbles.

Charlotte is a win.

IMO it simply depends on the passing game If it is utilized like it was Saturday and the other team cant figure hownto dedend it 6 wins are likely with the possibility of more.

It also depends on continuing to play as close to mistake free football as possible.
Those two things will dictate whether or kit we see a bowl game. Keep the penalties and turnovers at a minimum and the passing game clicking and we win a few more games. Don't do that...we will get blown out a couple more times.

VN Store

Back