So it's obvious. We still haven't attracted a top coach.

volberry

All our hires have been just ok or sucked. So the question is, why can't we get that top coach who can run a program? There must still be issues out there.

Did anyone see Colton Jumper get beat repeatedly on that first TD drive. Choke Jones refuses to accept the fact that he is not an SEC player!

Reactions: 3 people
We have talent now, we can attract a top tier coach.
We have tge best talent we have had since the early 2000's.

Reactions: 1 person
I will admit, it feels like they coach not to lose, I don't know, I am not a coach......it felt that way.

Jones politiced for the job. He wasn't on the list. He wasn't looked at as the next hot thing like BGSU coach is or how Meyer or Saban was when they were coming up. It was a con job to get hired at a premier program.

Jones politiced for the job. He wasn't on the list. He wasn't looked at as the next hot thing like BGSU coach is or how Meyer or Saban was when they were coming up. It was a con job to get hired at a premier program.

This is true. We were aiming higher. Butch's agent pressed hard and lobbied aggressively, while Butch iced the Colorado offer, hoping UT would lower expectations enough to give him a look. When the Charlie Strong rejection escalated the publicity backlash, Hart went into panic mode and Butch's agent went in for the kill. It pays to have an opportunistic agent, chutzpah and good timing; having a weak AD, notsomuch.

Reactions: 1 person
We are freagin UT!!!! We are a historic program with lots of cash. Is there still a reason why no good coaches come here? They all pass up on us. I want the truth!!!

Because Tennessee is notoriously cheap. Won't shell out the money needed for a big fish.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 people
I'm confident that Butch has one more year to turn it around. Firing him would return a once revered program to laughing stock status (which it was after Dooley got rode out of town with his Mike Hamilton five mil bonus for living down to his resume). If he were fired now, who in his right mind would take over? Jon Gruden?

I want the truth!!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 people
We haven't had an A.D. since Dickey who gets his phone calls returned from the kind of coaches anybody wants. I'll admit that Hart is smarter than Hamilton. That's the good news. The bad news is that being smarter than Mike Hamilton doesn't get him out of the imbecile range.

We are freagin UT!!!! We are a historic program with lots of cash. Is there still a reason why no good coaches come here? They all pass up on us. I want the truth!!!

You can't handle the truth, or maybe, I'll try one more time. Who makes the hires? Three guesses and the first two don't count.

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back