So, how much snow in Knoxville now??

U got 4 more inches than everyone else in mcminn?

I think some people just say what sounds good if they don't have a ruler. I don't know how much we have here because I haven't found a ruler yet. When I do I'll let everyone know lol

Here we got 5 inches of snow and 1 inch of ice on top for 6 total. It's like stepping on frozen water when you walk with how the ice crunches and break under you. Our dog weighs about 30 pounds and was walking on top of the ice in the yard without breaking through to the bottom of the ground.

I thought Knoxville was going to get hammered? According to our bright weathermen. I live in Monroe Co. and we werent supposed to get an inch. We had 5 inches already on the ground when it was just starting to snow in Knoxville. Crazy weather

Yes, Todd Howell of channel 10 is the worst of the bunch as far as his "forecasts" are concerned. He is the Jimmy Hyams of the weather forecasters. Very personable but totally lost in forecasting. He simply gets the computer modeling forecasts and recites them. He seemed totally taken aback by the McMinn and Monroe snow. Apparently he just thought the computer models were correct in stating that the bulk of the snow would fall north of Interstate 40, and he apparently didn't have the local forecasting skills to analyze local weather variables. Nice guy, but clueless.

I think that storm turned north, we were not suppose to get any where I live in WV, looking at 3" on the ground now, and still snowin like a mofo!!
Things don't shut down up here tho, like they do down there!!

The weather is not bad in Knoxville, I spent the night in Athens, TN and before the snow changed over to rain it was dicey. Coming back in to Knoxville today it appeared to me that there was less snow in Knoxville then Athens. The interstates are fine, I was traveling 70mph all the way. The side roads in and around Knoxville are slushy but not dangerous.

The weather is not bad in Knoxville, I spent the night in Athens, TN and before the snow changed over to rain it was dicey. Coming back in to Knoxville today it appeared to me that there was less snow in Knoxville then Athens. The interstates are fine, I was traveling 70mph all the way. The side roads in and around Knoxville are slushy but not dangerous.

Was that you eating breakfast at the Cracker Barrel? Po'Boy breakfast with extra meat and a gallon of coffee? :zeitung_lesen:

VN Store

Back