So how does the pool of remaining candidates view the TN job now?

VolFan4Life87

Negatron
Firstly I'd like to say I've never been more proud to be a Vol. **** the national columnists that are berating Volnation for rightfully protesting such a **** hire.

Anyways, given today's events, how do you all think the remaining pool of candidates views the TN job now? Are we now at a point where only the Dooley's of the world are interested?

Reactions: 2 people
Firstly I'd like to say I've never been more proud to be a Vol. **** the national columnists that are berating Volnation for rightfully protesting such a **** hire.

Anyways, given today's events, how do you all think the remaining pool of candidates views the TN job now? Are we now at a point where only the Dooley's of the world are interested?

I can’t imagine any intelligent, accomplished coach would want to work for an AD that thought hiring Schiano was a good idea. Better show Currie the door as soon as he comes in tomorrow morning. Tell Phil Fulmer he’s the new AD and to get to work finding a new coach.

Money Talks and perception means jack s**t if the price is right.

Reactions: 1 person
Not good. We're ****ed. Point. Blank.

I can’t imagine any intelligent, accomplished coach would want to work for an AD that thought hiring Schiano was a good idea. Better show Currie the door as soon as he comes in tomorrow morning. Tell Phil Fulmer he’s the new AD and to get to work finding a new coach.

This is what I'm afraid of...

Money Talks and perception means jack s**t if the price is right.

...and I hope you're right and we whip out the blank check book.

Didn't we just do this thread? I swear we just did this thread.

Any coach will be a great deal more wary about signing on at Tennessee. You have an AD, the position/person who is most important to you as the potential head football coach, whose hiring decision was shut down by social media and upheaval. Currie changing direction makes it look like he lacks control, doesn't have the power to make his decisions stick, etc. And regardless of what ethical or moral litmus you feel that change met, the bottom line for the coach is one of security, safety, and support. It's just a riskier proposition to sign on with someone whose own position is so ... what? Tenuous? Tenuous I guess. Everything will cost more. If you can't get a sense of security from the AD, then you'll want a sense of security from the buyout and the money.

I think it really depends on what happens with Currie. If he is fired and somebody competent is hired, then it could make the job more attractive. Of course the opposite could be true.

Any coach will be a great deal more wary about signing on at Tennessee. You have an AD, the position/person who is most important to you as the potential head football coach, whose hiring decision was shut down by social media and upheaval. Currie changing direction makes it look like he lacks control, doesn't have the power to make his decisions stick, etc. And regardless of what ethical or moral litmus you feel that change met, the bottom line for the coach is one of security, safety, and support. It's just a riskier proposition to sign on with someone whose own position is so ... what? Tenuous? Tenuous I guess. Everything will cost more. If you can't get a sense of security from the AD, then you'll want a sense of security from the buyout and the money.

^ This. Exactly. That’s why Currie has to go. Immediately.

^ This. Exactly. That’s why Currie has to go. Immediately.

I don't think that helps as much as everyone wants to believe it does. To have part of your fanbase revolt so openly, to have state senators call you out on social media, that's going to hang over the department even if Currie were invited to seek other employment. The AD is definitely the biggest piece on the board, but the entire department probably looks like a hot mess regardless after this past weekend. In a world where athletic and educational politics clash so routinely, well, you want to see a unified front rather than so much chaos. Because that chaos ultimately impacts the same things in the end - security and support. The compensation for those concerns will still be quite high.

This is what I'm afraid of...

...and I hope you're right and we whip out the blank check book.

You're afraid because it's true.

If they were going to write a big check, it would have already happened.

Not many wanted to work with him a Kansas St. It's like deja vu all over again!

Care to make a wager lil man? Currie won't be here past tomorrow most likely anyway but even if he is this isn't going to effect .uch of anything. Money rules the coaching world and we will be fine.

You're afraid because it's true.

If they were going to write a big check, it would have already happened.

Wrong again. They will have no choice but to write one now. We may overpay but a big check will be written soon.

Care to make a wager lil man? Currie won't be here past tomorrow most likely anyway but even if he is this isn't going to effect .uch of anything. Money rules the coaching world and we will be fine.

Lil man? Haha. Nice millennial jargon. The fact that you think we'll be "just fine" because you believe there's a blank check to be written to any coach we want, and as a result, will solve all of our problems shows how ignorant you truly are. If money was all that ruled the coaching world, we wouldn't be trying to hire Greg freaking Schiano!!

Last edited:
Nah we will be just fine.

Right

05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg

The pool has been emptied and the water has been changed… not the same pool anymore! We’ll all be excepting a lower tier guy now! Thanks Currie! :mad:

At this point threads are being repeated at a rapid rate

VN Store

Back