So do we drop anybody to make room

247 shows a tab where "offers" are listed. Quick and easy to take a look at.

Tennessee-291
FSU-186
Bama-194
Clemson-196
UGA-163
UF-207

Those are the offers each school has extended to recruits in the 2015 class.

Those numbers make sense though since we don't have as strong an instate base of talent to draw from. I think if you look at those numbers most of the offers from those schools will be for in state players. We probably extend more noncommitable offers because we recruit on a more widespread regional basis. What difference do the numbers make though? Should we only extend 25 offers and hope we sign those 25 we want?

How is that possible? Didn't think we could backcount any this year.

Every report I've read said they couldn't.

Only thing I was thinking about was if losing say Carr, Ferguson, and Paulk would be "back countable", but I don't think that is how it works. Those scholarships were used for those years/classes and you can't act as though they were not.

You do have to remember that all the recruiting services were talking about CBJ using GS's and BS's last class so he could take more, and he didn't. Maybe the signing 27-28 number is just guessing at this point with little to nothing to support it. If you can't back count the spots, I don't see how you can sign more than the SEC limit.

If there are a couple commitments who have agreed to GS, maybe that is in play. Just have to hope if they are told last minute it's GS or nothing, we don't lose them.

Every report I've read said they couldn't.

Only thing I was thinking about was if losing say Carr, Ferguson, and Paulk would be "back countable", but I don't think that is how it works. Those scholarships were used for those years/classes and you can't act as though they were not.

You do have to remember that all the recruiting services were talking about CBJ using GS's and BS's last class so he could take more, and he didn't. Maybe the signing 27-28 number is just guessing at this point with little to nothing to support it. If you can't back count the spots, I don't see how you can sign more than the SEC limit.

If there are a couple commitments who have agreed to GS, maybe that is in play. Just have to hope if they are told last minute it's GS or nothing, we don't lose them.

One poster on VQ said he's heard Butch say 28 directly. Not sure if Germans though.

But I think there is enough smoke.

One poster on VQ said he's heard Butch say 28 directly. Not sure if Germans though.

But I think there is enough smoke.

Those Germans are tough buggers for sure, and pretty darn good at futball, but I am not sure how GERMANE they would be to our needs for football. Jakob Johnson was a good pickup but I do not think we can recruit 28 Germans IMO.

Dang auto correct screws us all. LOL

LV's blood pressure just went through the roof.

Not at all.

If they can actually sign 27-28, GREAT. Most know we need all the help we can get. All I am pointing to is saying they can sign that many w/out actually telling folks HOW they can just means nothing. If you can't back count, 25 is the limit set by the SEC.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back