So did Bammer fans do their little Rammer Jammer

cheer last night? I couldn't hear them on TV.

NO! At least I didn't hear anything large scale. I stayed until the bitter end. Bammers seemed relieved the game was over. All in all, it was pretty non- eventful. Glad not to hear much foul language this time. They know that CBJ has this team on the right track, despite the VN naysayers.

Reactions: 3 people
I sat right next to a Bama fan in section DD, I didn't hear them chanting, but he did say the officiating crew were all neighbors and Bama alums. I laughed at the beginning of the game. Throughout the game, when Bama got away with the delay of games and breaking the huddle with 12 players I thought maybe there might be something to his statement.

The best conference in college football with sub par referees. Hmmmm.

Reactions: 1 person
yea, i was near the bammers section and i could hear it loud and clear, they always do the cheer even if they win by one point.

i was glad to hear the pa system playing rocking top trying to ground it out but from where i was it was loud and clear.

our day will come this will misery will not last forever, our day is coming

I sat right next to a Bama fan in section DD, I didn't hear them chanting, but he did say the officiating crew were all neighbors and Bama alums. I laughed at the beginning of the game. Throughout the game, when Bama got away with the delay of games and breaking the huddle with 12 players I thought maybe there might be something to his statement.

You can't officiate a game for the team of a school you graduated from/attended. SEC rule for sure (my dad's neighbor was a line judge for 30 years and he could only help in scrimmages and Orange and White game bc he graduate from UT, he moved to booth review in his later years). You may know this and know the bammer was pulling your leg

Last edited:
I didn't hear rammer jammer, but I heard a lot of Bama fans last night and was pretty disappointed with how many were in our stadium. I had them all around me in the lower level and saw them all over Knoxville. They seemed to have no trouble scalping tickets from what I observed. There were way more than the FL game. I know its our biggest rival, but it was still ridiculous.

You can't officiate a game for the team of a school you graduated from/attended. SEC rule for sure (my dad's neighbor was a line judge for 30 years and he could only help in scrimmages and Orange and White game bc he graduate from UT, he moved to booth review in his later years). You may know this and know the bammer was pulling your leg

Dude seriously... Man I was just messing around with a bama fan and knew he was kidding. You seriously thought someone would really believe that all the refs on the field went to Bama. The way the game was officiated was suspect but C'mon Man!

I heard it loud and clear from the obnoxious loud mouths behind me in Z12, along with damn's and F bombs all night. This was my 10 year old daughters first game, and the only thing she's talked about was the foul language. I know it's everywhere but I like for my kids to stay innocent as long as possible... It will probably just be me and the wife for late games for a few more years...

Reactions: 3 people
I didn't hear rammer jammer, but I heard a lot of Bama fans last night and was pretty disappointed with how many were in our stadium. I had them all around me in the lower level and saw them all over Knoxville. They seemed to have no trouble scalping tickets from what I observed. There were way more than the FL game. I know its our biggest rival, but it was still ridiculous.

Hopefully we will start winning games so tickets will not be as available for teams like this. I'm sick of Bama fans.

Since I cannot start a thread I thought I would throw this out there.

Former VP of NFL officiating: SEC referees losing integrity, credibility

Edit: No idea why a hyperlink is not showing

Last edited:
Dude seriously... Man I was just messing around with a bama fan and knew he was kidding. You seriously thought someone would really believe that all the refs on the field went to Bama. The way the game was officiated was suspect but C'mon Man!

No, not all. Don't know you and have never seen you post.

In all fairness, some posts on this board make us all question the intelligence of the average UT or SEC fan though...notice I do say in my post I figure you knew he was messing with you, was just pointing it out bc have sat beside some fans and talked to friends who don't know.

Don't think the rule is effective though when a ref who graduated from a school and hates you bc of that (eg the Vandy ref who hates us and Fulmer got banned for a while) can still ref your games.

Anyways, figured you knew and took it as a joke. More just pointing out a rule and giving the SEC crews some overall dislike as they are poorer than the average Power 5 ref crews overall

How many or those "Bama fans" were really Bama fans? Not many id say.

I did see a lot of groups with both Vols and Tide members. Looked like TN residents riding the Bama bandwagon.

Of course. There's a ton here. In 5 years they won't be "Bama fans" people like that I pity them. While they may never know the agony of defeat they will never know the pure joy of victory either.

At the Florida game, there were 3 young people (maybe early 20's) sitting in front of us in Gator gear. They were loudly yelling and doing the gator chomp. Being that my family is from Florida, I asked them what city they were from in Florida. They answered, "oh, we aren't from Florida. WE live here in Knoxville." I said, "oh, you went to school at UF?" They all said "no, we are just Florida fans." :bad:

Did not hear this chant in T section but the battle of the bands was raging all night. Their "million dollar band" was competing all night with the UT band but the UT band clearly won.

As someone else mentioned the bama fans were everywhere. I think the tallest bama fan in the whole stadium sat right next to me at one point actually sitting half on my leg. There was a couple in front of us which I thought was amusing because the guy was sporting an Alabama hat while the girl was wearing an orange sweater and was mouthing Rocky Top along with the music.

The good news is that there were far fewer of them than in 2012. At least a third of the stadium was crimson that year. Last night I would say it was 20% at most. Still bad, but goes to show Butch has us going in the right direction.

I heard it loud and clear from the obnoxious loud mouths behind me in Z12, along with damn's and F bombs all night. This was my 10 year old daughters first game, and the only thing she's talked about was the foul language. I know it's everywhere but I like for my kids to stay innocent as long as possible... It will probably just be me and the wife for late games for a few more years...

I wish people would figure out their surroundings before doing this, we have two families that sit by us and I keep the cussing to myself I may let a damn it out once in a blue moon. My kids are 3 and 1 hopefully those families will return the same respect when mine are old enough to go. Sorry you daughter had to hear all that I hope she had a great time anyways.

I hope you turned around and asked them to clean it up a bit.

I'm no prude (far from it), but I know how to behave in public, especially when I'm a visitor there. Jerks.

VN Store

Back