So, Can Gruden Be Dead To Us Now?

Gruden trolled our fanbase.

Gruden didn't squash the rumors.

Gruden didn't deny interest.

Gruden didn't state he wasn't interested.

Gruden mentioned Rocky Top out of nowhere in Seattle.

Gruden said "Never say never to nothing."

Gruden could have had this job if he wanted it, and he didn't.

Please stop with the Grumors. I loved it, and followed along, and wanted them to be true. It's the most fun I've had in 5 years, following this coaching search.

I enjoy the insiders. I enjoyed the reports.

But regardless, none of it was true, and if it was, we will never truly know it. There will be those that swear up and down a deal was done. But yet, Gruden will not be our next coach.

I was 100% Gruden, but it's never going to happen. Let's move on from this guy who OBVIOUSLY doesn't give two craps about our fanbase, and let's get behind our new coach, and let's have fun winning championships.

GBO and Welcome Coach Pruitt!

Most definitely.

Unfortunately I think our rumored Coach in Waiting will now be Lane Kiffin. There was too much talk on here for it not to be him.

Fortunately for us, Pruitt is going to prove to be a great hire, so those crazies will be relegated to near non-exixtence

Reactions: 1 person
Gruden is dead. No place at UT or being able to talk about UT.

However, the hate and feelings towards people who wanted something great for UT is just appalling.

You didn't want Gruden, fine. You think it was a pipe dream, fine. You wanted Gruden, fine. These are all individual opinions.

What isn't fine is the fanbase that enjoys ridiculing and making fun of those who wished for something better. It goes against everything a Vol should be.

So, maybe instead of hoping "these fans" disappear and getting enjoyment out of the idea that Gruden was, or is, or a never was going to happen, take some pride in being a vol and offer up a "it was a dream that didn't happen", rather than taking the people who had a dream about UT being great and demonizing them for having this belief.

I await what will happen, and will make judgement in a few years as to how this hire goes and hope it works out and we win and win a lot. Do you chastise me for this belief, if not, then don't lay it on the people who were on the Gruden train. Just one guy's opinion.

Let's bury this and move on and hope for better days.

Sorry about posting this in 2 threads and starting a new one. But, I think right now, more than ever, we all need to take a step back, and try to look forward to tomorrow instead of back to yesterday and stop with the personal insults and bickering and just know:

WE ALL WANT UT TO BE GREAT AND HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON HOW TO GET THERE, AND NEED TO JUST ACCEPT WE ALL LOVE UT AND THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE TO JUST GET ALONG .

Mods, delete, move, do as you see fit, but I think we need a thread of civility for all sides to come together and find common belief we all can get behind.

Reactions: 3 people
Nah. I'll sit here and laugh at anybody who actually thought he was a legitimate candidate.

Another Gruden thread

Or is it a true fan alert?

No, just trying to have all sides accept what happened, and we have a coach, and hopefully we can all share in the idea that we all are on this board because of one thing, our love and passion for UT.

Yet, the first response is that of a smart arse comment and reaffirming why this thread might be important. No Gruden, no Pruitt, just ALL VOLS that accept in our differences that we agree on one thing, UT.

Gruden was a pipe dream and was never going to happen. I never understood the hype for something that wasn't going to happen. Furthermore, I was never convinced he was the answer. I didn't ridicule anyone on here about it and kept my opinion to myself.

Can we stop talking about Gruden - PLEASE.

Gruden was a pipe dream and was never going to happen. I never understood the hype for something that wasn't going to happen. Furthermore, I was never convinced he was the answer. I didn't ridicule anyone on here about it and kept my opinion to myself.

Can we stop talking about Gruden - PLEASE.

I agree, and that is the point, everyone just needs to try and get along and let things be, as you said, you didn't ridicule and had your own opinion, and the only opinion that matters now is we all love UT, and that's it, simple, and let tomorrow be better than yesterday.

For those saying our fans trolled our fans.....yes to a degree. BUT others outside trolled as well. AND Gruden made it much worse than if he would have told the world on mike and mike he was not interested. But he said never say never then in Seattle he talked Rocky Top. So.....we need to forget the man now. A true Vol follower would not have toyed with us like that. We were a joke to so many because of him.

Reactions: 2 people
Funny thing is these same "insiders" will be back for the next coaching search claiming it's a done deal with such and such candidate (probably even Gruden again) and everyone will believe them and say they've never been wrong so far. Then this same thing will happen and they will look foolish yet again but people will ignore it.

Please stop with the Grumors. I loved it, and followed along, and wanted them to be true. It's the most fun I've had in 5 years, following this coaching search.

But regardless, none of it was true, and if it was, we will never truly know it. There will be those that swear up and down a deal was done. But yet, Gruden will not be our next coach.

I was 100% Gruden, but it's never going to happen. Let's move on from this guy who OBVIOUSLY doesn't give two craps about our fanbase, and let's get behind our new coach, and let's have fun winning championships.

I don’t dislike Gruden, I don’t blame him for the stupidity of our fans immediately and reflexively shouting his name and perpetuating continual conspiracy theories about Gruden. No doubt he could’ve come out and shut the “Grumors” down awhile back, and maybe he should have. But why is he even put in the spot to have to do so? He was never, ever, ever coming to Tennessee, it was fantasyland from the jump, and it wasn’t of his doing....it was all because of a contingent of our fans constantly harping on it.

Reactions: 2 people
Gruden is dead. No place at UT or being able to talk about UT.

However, the hate and feelings towards people who wanted something great for UT is just appalling.

You didn't want Gruden, fine. You think it was a pipe dream, fine. You wanted Gruden, fine. These are all individual opinions.

What isn't fine is the fanbase that enjoys ridiculing and making fun of those who wished for something better. It goes against everything a Vol should be.

So, maybe instead of hoping "these fans" disappear and getting enjoyment out of the idea that Gruden was, or is, or a never was going to happen, take some pride in being a vol and offer up a "it was a dream that didn't happen", rather than taking the people who had a dream about UT being great and demonizing them for having this belief.

I await what will happen, and will make judgement in a few years as to how this hire goes and hope it works out and we win and win a lot. Do you chastise me for this belief, if not, then don't lay it on the people who were on the Gruden train. Just one guy's opinion.
All the attention praying for Gruden diverted attention away from honest discussion about a real option of a good coach. What coach would consider Tn when the no-nothing fan base is crying for Gruden? When ESPN and all publications are saying it's Gruden? Who wants to get asked and rejected by the fans wanting gruden. When all the time it was NEVER going to happen. Plus the fact we've been through this at least two searches ago, so yeah,many of us here keep asking my god when will people get over this guy? We were sick of him 12 years ago,8 years ago ,4 years ago. He's the coaching version of the turd that won't flush. He's the reason they put a mute button on the remote he's so stupid and boring. And said Johnny Maziel was a for sure number one draft pick.

Dead to me.

His agent called it a fantasy in 2012. I don't know how much more of a hard "no" you can get from someone.

Gruden 2012 videos were classic. Still play them and laugh. I do fault him in not squelching the rumors initially but playing it for attention. He divided our fan base even further than it had been. I for one cannot even listen to him on MNF. He is where he needs to be, far away from Big Orange Country.

Good post OP. Gruden is certainly dead to me for all the reasons you listed, he could have ended all the blather but his ego wouldn't allow it to happen. #BoycottESPN

Good post OP. Gruden is certainly dead to me for all the reasons you listed, he could have ended all the blather but his ego wouldn't allow it to happen. #BoycottESPN

People chose whether to believe it or not.

Gruden is not a mind reader.

Please???

This guy trolled us hard -- he was NEVER coming - he is an attention whore and should go away swiftly, NEVER to return. He is NOT and will NOT be welcome on campus EVER.

Please do a "Global Thread Delete" of all Gruden threads?

Or at least do a "Global word replace" of Gruden with "AttentionHo"

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back