Snowboarding/Skiing/Trips/and all things snowsports thread

Buy four nights get four nights free at Snowshoe Wv. You have to book before the 2nd of November.

The one place I want to go in the next few winters is Mammoth mountain in California.

That's kind of me. I love the blue runs but moguls and black diamonds are usually a bad decision for me.

If you like blues, Keystone is your best choice when you go to Colorado. Vale is pretty cool town to grab a brew afterwards, though bit pricey. Pop in the Red Lion if its still around.

Buy four nights get four nights free at Snowshoe Wv. You have to book before the 2nd of November.

The one place I want to go in the next few winters is Mammoth mountain in California.

That Snowshoe deal sounds like a hell of a deal.

That Snowshoe deal sounds like a hell of a deal.

Snowshoe is the best east coast mountain IMO. Granted the two times I have been there, have both been during huge snowstorms (~3 feet over the span of a week). Food/lift tickets/lodging are priced like western resorts, however.

If you like blues, Keystone is your best choice when you go to Colorado. Vale is pretty cool town to grab a brew afterwards, though bit pricey. Pop in the Red Lion if its still around.

I thought paymaster was a really fun blue at Keystone. Wasn't that crowded for the front mountain.

I thought paymaster was a really fun blue at Keystone. Wasn't that crowded for the front mountain.

Can get quite crowded but slope is really wide open with lots of room. Much depends on the snow conditions.

Personally I like the Outback better which is more narrow and steep through the trees.

January and no updates? I'll be heading to Copper Thursday. Got 2 roundtrip tickets to Denver from Nashville on Frontier for 292 bucks including tax.

Just got back from Park City last week. Best snow in the past few seasons and I was out of commission with a concussion for the whole trip. Last year we went Jackson Hole and that was awesome. Other than those two I haven't been to any other major resorts.

If you got some extra cash and a whole day and you're staying around park city, try the Ski Utah Interconnect Tour. Bada**. Skiers only sorry.

Went to Wolf Ridge in NC in late December. Only four of the slopes were open.

Planning on going skiing again for V-Day, not sure where though.

Just got back from Park City last week. Best snow in the past few seasons and I was out of commission with a concussion for the whole trip. Last year we went Jackson Hole and that was awesome. Other than those two I haven't been to any other major resorts.

We have been "blessed" with snow this year. Might see the slopes open through the first week of July again like year before last.

Went to Wolf Ridge in NC in late December. Only four of the slopes were open.

Planning on going skiing again for V-Day, not sure where though.

Utah---4'-5' base just about everywhere with fresh powder above.

Anyone headed this way, we got between 2 and 2 feet of snow yesterday. Looks like most resorts got around a foot.

Was in Jackson hole last week. It was pretty awesome, but no powder days. Wish I were better so I could do more of the advanced terrain there. It's incredible how much skiable terrain they have.

You should take advantage Sly.

Looks like we might level out around 2 feet here at the house tonight. And every single damn inch is powder. Woot.

I don't fall as well as I used to back when I did ski. Old bones don't flex like the younger ones did.

My favorite is Big Sky, Montana. Three mountains to choose from. Haven't been in five years and really miss that place.

Had a blast at Copper. Small and quiet (I stayed in west village) and liked the quaintness and seclusion.

VN Store

Back