Smokehouse gray uniforms

How do you feel about the smokehouse gray uniforms

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't mind them but hope they only use them once a year.
One thing is for sure,they aren't as bad as the Buckeyes Black uniforms.

When are we gonna see Alabama's, Penn State's, Michigan's, Notre Dame's, Auburn's, USC's, Oklahoma's, Texas's etc etc. You catch my drift?
:lolabove:
notre dame has one, oklahoma is busting theirs out against WVU this year, USC is already picking theirs for 2016. nebraska has one, ohio state has one for the penn state game ironically. look it up if you don't believe me. Google

No, when people say they're fans of the Big Orange not the big gray. We're all Big Orange fans, but wearing gray once shouldn't effect how you refer to the team. It's ridiculous.

any kind of change and people freak. remember people: the gray is just a small addition, not a complete renovation.

Reactions: 1 person
One of the most successful programs recently has been a freakin uniform factory. Uniforms have little to no correlation to football success. I would hate to overuse the smokey gray and I want us to stay mainly with the traditional orange, but I'm all for busting the grays out once a year. We're 1-0 in the Nike's so far.

If we win wearing them, I hope we wear them every game. I kind of like them but it should be a once a year thing.

I hated the black jerseys, didn't mind the Adidas gray, but the Nike gray just doesn't look good. I'm not completely against an alternate uniform, I just don't think the Nike grays looked good.

I think the storm trooper uni is the best in football, but I do want to see the white jersey with orange pants occasionally.

I still want to see the Crockett logo on the helmet

My first take on the jersey. Did not like. The helmet was cool, but the uniform was very Cleveland Browns like.

Yeah... I voted that I really don't care. But the Smokey Grays are fine with me.

BTW to the poster talking about traditional teams not using alt unis, didn't Ohio State just break out an all black alternate in the past week or two?

Yeah... I voted that I really don't care. But the Smokey Grays are fine with me.

BTW to the poster talking about traditional teams not using alt unis, didn't Ohio State just break out an all black alternate in the past week or two?

Last week.

Just shows that we have to use gimmicks to be competitive in football any more. This is not your Daddy's Volunteers.

It has been 8 years since we have been to Atlanta for the SECC and 17 years since we won a conference championship. The longest drought in UT history.

Too bad we don't put as much emphasis on hiring the right coach as other SEC teams do.

Just shows that we have to use gimmicks to be competitive in football any more. This is not your Daddy's Volunteers.

It has been 8 years since we have been to Atlanta for the SECC and 17 years since we won a conference championship. The longest drought in UT history.

Too bad we don't put as much emphasis on hiring the right coach as other SEC teams do.

I don't think the uniforms had anything to do with our last win...the COACH WE HIRED did tho. :wink2:

I love how most everyone comments that they hate them yet the polls says a majority of the people like them.

For the record, I like them, I hope that they wear them against South Carolina because i'm making the trip to Knoxville to see the game. Its the one game I like to go to every year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Back in my day, we didn't even wear uniforms!!!

Your helmet was the skull of whatever beast you could kill with your teeth and your bare hands, so I had to run around with a ground squirrel skull strapped to my forehead like a maniac!!!

The skull cut into my forehead every time I made a hit until it slowly lobotomized me!!!

After that I sat drooling in the corner waiting for my meemaw to spoon feed me mush and hose the excrement off my wasted body!!!

But that's how it was!!! AND WE LIKED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grumpy-o.gif

Reactions: 6 people
personally i love the change. love the helmets. with that said. it needs to remain a special alternate uni. otherwise its a gimmick.

VN Store

Back