Slow day - favorite sports quote thread

"I normally do don't interviews with women unless I fornicate with them...so you shouldn't talk any more...unless you wanna...you know."

Mike Tyson

Reactions: 2 people
"About that race you lost..." Pete Aron (James Garner) characterizing the reaction to coming in second. From the film, Grand Prix

The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart. - Robert Green Ingersoll

One of the most basic factors in sports is that winning becomes a habit, and losing is the same way. When failure starts to feel normal in your life or your work or even your darkest vices, you won't have to go looking for trouble, because trouble will find you. Count on it.
- Hunter S. Thompson

I never thought of losing, but now that it' s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.
- Muhammad Ali

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's three for BeardedVol and other VNsters who anticipate losing more than they hope for victory.

Reactions: 1 person
"When my time on earth is gone and my activities here have passed, I want them to bury me upside down so the critics can kiss my ass". - Bob Knight

If your line moves forward, you win. If your line moves backwards, you lose.

-Robert Neyland

Reactions: 1 person
You and I are the players, God's our head coach, and we're all playing the biggest game of all.

-Joe Gibbs

Reactions: 2 people
"If... If and buts were candy and nuts.... Oh what a Christmas it would be"... Johnny.

VN Store

Back