SLAM article: "Miami Heat Guard Josh Richardson is For Real"

I firmly believe their pitching staff won’t hold up. Soroka looks good but is only 20. I know he’s pitched a lot of innings in the minors but I would be surprised if they didn’t limit his innings once he’s called up for good (which could be now depending on how he pitches tomorrow).

As far as the hitters go, they are still super young and that production is obviously not sustainable. Pretty much every Braves player is playing out of their minds right now, not only the young guys but Suzuki and Markakis are on fire. It’s a long season and they may be peaking too soon.

I respect your opinion, but as I said earlier, a lot of your opinion remains to be seen. No one expects them to compete for a playoff spot in 2018, so if they fall off, it won't come as a surprise to anyone. The idea that 32 games in, they still lead the division despite playing one of the toughest schedules is impressive. They lead the NL in run differential and lead the majors in 1st inning runs scored. Staking those young pitchers an early lead will only help to build their confidence.

It could all come crashing down, but a fifth of the way into the season, the current state sure beats sitting in last place.

Reactions: 1 person
Joeybats still hasn’t recovered from when Odor put the paws on em.

I guess it could be debatable, but imo, the best punch ever landed in a baseball fight. JoeyBats actually ate the punch pretty well. He looked rubber-legged, but stayed on his feet.

Great to see Josh getting some recognition, very well deserved!

Completely beside the point, but didn’t he switch from wing to point as a senior rather than as a junior as they suggest in the article? Antonio Barton, Darius Thompson and the great Brandon Lopez were our point guards during Josh’s junior year if I recall correctly.

That's the way I remember it.

In an effort to tie this thread all together, JRich threw out the first pitch last night in the Braves and Marlins game in Miami. He actually threw from the mound (many ceremonial pitches are tossed from about 40 feet) and he got it over the plate. Braves won 9-2.

Reactions: 2 people
In an effort to tie this thread all together, JRich threw out the first pitch last night in the Braves and Marlins game in Miami. He actually threw from the mound (many ceremonial pitches are tossed from about 40 feet) and he got it over the plate. Braves won 9-2.

With a grand slam from the second youngest player in baseball.

One of the best young two way guards in the league, a 2nd round draft pick, a guy who dropped 61-11-7 in a D league game and several guys who play euro ball.

All on one team. And cuonzo cuonzo'd it.

One of the best young two way guards in the league, a 2nd round draft pick, a guy who dropped 61-11-7 in a D league game and several guys who play euro ball.

All on one team. And cuonzo cuonzo'd it.
Definitely not. For all the downs Cuonzo had, that’s not one of them. Cuonzo was the one who recruited him and brought him in here, which during those times JRich was our best on ball defender. We didn’t need him to be an offensive force because Maymon, Stokes and McRae were such a force to recon with.

JRich had an opportunity to graduate early after his Junior year and transfer somewhere else, INSTEAD, he decided to stay here under a new coach and learn the PG position which excelled his game. Cuonzo didn’t cuonzo it. JRich grew as player.

VN Store

Back