Sitting here watching this presser....

g8terh8ter_eric

No Disassemble!
Martin seems kind of boring, yet he seems to value the same approach as Dooley does in football. Not sure what to think at this point.

We didnt hire him to be good with the press, we hired him to win games. He's no nonsense, high character and integrity guy with a lot of confidence. What is not to like?

Waiting on him to mention singing Rocky Top all night in Lexington next year?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We didnt hire him to be good with the press, we hired him to win games. He's no nonsense, high character and integrity guy with a lot of confidence. What is not to like?

I didn't say anything about hiring him to be good with the press, he just seems kind of dull in the personality department is all.

Boring? I don't think any judgments should be made regarding his character/personality based on his opening press conference. UT is too used to Kiffins and Pearls. CDD was just as "boring" as CCM. I like the direction we're going with both coaches.

Boring? I don't think any judgments should be made regarding his character/personality based on his opening press conference. UT is too used to Kiffins and Pearls. CDD was just as "boring" as CCM. I like the direction we're going with both coaches.

What?? Dooley did 1,000 times better in his initial presser, than Martin did just then. It almost seemed uncomfortable.

Good solid press conference. He was straight forward and handled it all pretty well. Might've been a bit nervous which is understandable, all people are different. He looked fairly tired as well which is understandable considering the day he had yesterday. I very seriously doubt he's slept all that much.

What exactly did you want out of the press conference?

Remember how boring we thought Dooley was..and now look at Dooley and how we all can't wait to hear him talk because we know he's going to say something that will have us all laughing. Just give this coach time. This is all new to him too. But really, who cares as long as he can win ball games!

Remember how boring we thought Dooley was..and now look at Dooley and how we all can't wait to hear him talk because we know he's going to say something that will have us all laughing. Just give this coach time. This is all new to him too. But really, who cares as long as he can win ball games!

His introductory presser was much better than this one. I'm not saying I don't like Martin, but he's never dealt with this amount of media it seems. Neither did Dooley for that matter, but Dooley's personality makes for good TV.

While I don't think it makes a difference, CDD's press conference was much more entertaining.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think him being tired probably had a lot to do with his presser, but I do think he will be a fine coach for us!

Yah. I'm glad we'll keep our tough schedule but really thought he'd jump on the outlive question. I hope he keeps this going. Okay presser but wow I'm still dissapointed he's our coach. Can't help it. He seems like a nice guy though.

Following Pearl, 99.9% of coaches are going to seem a little "boring."

When it comes to charisma and personality, Pearl's in a league of his own. But, unless they start handing out trophies for chest-painting and PTI appearances, Martin will have a shot to be successful here.

What?? Dooley did 1,000 times better in his initial presser, than Martin did just then. It almost seemed uncomfortable.

I disagree. Let's not forget the drama that surrounds the program right now with Pearl's dramatic exit and the NCAA allegations looming. The presser was quick, to the point, and CCM was unwilling to disclose a lot of information for good reason.

CDD came into a completely different situation.

some people like excitement.. UT basketball pre pearl didnt draw the crowds that the women did and as good as the women are its still like watching paint dry... i liked the excitement of the Pearl era.. I didnt think that Dooley was boring at all in his Press conference but Martin was rlly dull... im not sure what to think about him yet

I was very impressed with him and his vision for the future of TN Basketball. I know he hasn't coached a game here yet, but I like the direction we are headed in, especially if he brings a couple of his recruits with him that were interested in MO. St. and we can keep Ware, Jones and get Harris back next year.

Heard he only has gotten 6 hours in three days.

Plus he has a low voice, which make it seem like he's not excited.

Dooley loves to talk and will...all day long. About anything. Martin agrees to answer lame questions that he could anticipate in his sleep because it's his job to answer them. Very different personalities when it comes to the press.... I think.

VN Store

Back