SIAP - Kareem Orr Transferring from OU to Chattabooga

My sister and brother in law live there, and I love to visit. Bar scene is great. Couple nice concert venues and plenty of fun out door activities to choose from.

I live here, and it is an awesome place. Just like in Knoxville, the residential real estate market is overheated as there is not enough available homes to meet the demand - I guess the growth in east TN is like a smaller version of Nashville. I work in Cleavage, and homes here are sometimes selling within hours of being listed.

Chattanooga has done a better job than Knoxville in retrofitting downtown - in my opinion Knoxville has let politics get in the way of collective efforts to fix theirs.

I apologize if anyone was offended by "Chattabooga" or "Cleavage". If needed I will even add appropriate gifs.

Hey Chattanooga is a fun town now a days. Not a bad place to be.

"They" are trying to turn it into either a miniature Nashville or a bigger Asheville. Not sure which, but probably the latter. Chattanooga is better than Knoxville. I was born and raised here, and have never lived anywhere else, so I'm biased though.

Chattanooga is a complete craphole of ghetto-ness.

I am literally "chatt-townVOL"..... and I live in Knoxville.......

Last edited:
Chattanooga used to suck about a decade ago. When I was in high school you didn't go downtown. when I started UT in 07 the north shore and downtown were just starting to become nice. havent really been back to see what its like.

As someone who has also lived both places, I respectfully disagree. I'd take Chattanooga over Knoxville any day except game day.

Reactions: 2 people

I don't disagree that Chattanooga has a gang problem and there are large segments of the city that you don't really want to be in. But it is a better town than Knoxville. Better location, better downtown, more stuff to do.

It's Chattanooga's dirty little secret; it markets itself as this hip, trendy, outdoorsy town (which isn't altogether untrue) but there are not a great many places within the city limits that are actually great neighborhoods. You have North Chattanooga and some portions of East Brainerd/Hixson, but that's about it. There are many nice neighborhoods in the suburbs (Lookout Mountain, Signal Mountain, Hixson, Harrison, Ooltewah, East Brainerd) but they can be 20-30 minutes away from the city center, which is a long drive for a city of this size. The public school system is not great, and crime is fairly high for a city of its size.

Who is Kareem Orr?

Former recruit that played at Chatt Notre Dame. Played the post for the Lakers, had an awesome sky hook that no one could block. He also played some pro hockey in the early 70s.

Transferred from Az St since Bob Stoops resigned at OU.

Figured I would botch the thread even more...

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back