SI.com projecting Vols vs WVU in Liberty

I'll be honest, I want a win. WV is most likely not a W in my opinion. I want this team to have a winning record going into the off season. They deserve it.

If you had a bowl choice to play in Charlotte, Nashville, Memphis, Birmingham or St. Pete where would you want to spend your holiday...naturally Florida ... Just think playing in Tropicana Field... home of the Tampa Bay Rays baseball team...on astroturf that is blackish green and old with a crowd of about 45,000 against AAC powerhouse UCF...you would buy the first Alligient Air Flight to St. Pete/Clearwater Airport and get on down to the beach for a few days before the game...St. Pete is a up and coming party town with a bar and restaurant on every corner in its downtown area...much better than Tampa. Yeah...and there are more Vol fans in this area of the country outside of Tennessee and Atlanta area.

Come on down....its party time...forget the game. Good recruiting area for CBJ...:lolabove:

Clearwater Beach rocks! Tropicana is a dump. The only benefit to going to the Trop is that you can bring your own food in and spare yourself the high concession prices on their lackluster fare.

Last edited:
As a fan, Id be pretty happy with Liberty or Music City and would travel to either one, and Charlotte would be nice too. Ive lived in East Tennessee my whole life and have been all over this country, but never to Memphis, so Id like to see Memphis, and I always love Nashville, and Charlotte is an awesome city too.

Better purchase....

bullet_proof_vest.jpg

...along with...

m4ai.bmp

517dea8689df0644167e7b486aa122aaf3bd32012e745f84fbacf6fd5ebfb143.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Music City vs Penn State (bowl eligible?) or Notre Dame in music city. Also Texas in Liberty bowl would be fun. WVU would be a very tough game.

Actually Dave hart is lobbying hard for UT to go to Charlotte. Records won't matter in the lower bowls such as the belk bowl. The liberty bowl really wants Arkansas, and hart really wants the belk bowl for whatever reason.

I know that the SEC can distribute the teams however it wants. I just doubt that they would push a 6-6 team as high as Belk. Sounds good to me if it works out. Easiest one for me to drive to, and I'll be less than three weeks removed from ACL surgery.

Let's be honest we'll go zone and let him torch Coleman the whole time. We abandoned man to man a while ago and we've been paying for it ever since.

I was about to say... We lock down Kevin White with Cam, and Mario Alford will be having a field day with coleman.

Ive already had conversations with a bunch of friends about new years in nashville if we get penn state in the music city bowl.

As a fan, Id be pretty happy with Liberty or Music City and would travel to either one, and Charlotte would be nice too. Ive lived in East Tennessee my whole life and have been all over this country, but never to Memphis, so Id like to see Memphis, and I always love Nashville, and Charlotte is an awesome city too.

It's a toilet bro....

Actually Dave hart is lobbying hard for UT to go to Charlotte. Records won't matter in the lower bowls such as the belk bowl. The liberty bowl really wants Arkansas, and hart really wants the belk bowl for whatever reason.

I'd rather play an ACC team at this point and time. I want them to be 7-6 and we stand a better chance with the ACC imo. Good confidence builder.

UT wants to increase it's presence in NC for recruiting and expanding fan base I'd imagine.

What is the gain in going to Nashville or Memphis? You won't be able to segue into changing perception or exposure there like going to Charlotte.

They would also be playing three straight games in Nashville between the end of this season and the opener next if they end up in the Music City Bowl.

The Belk Bowl is my first choice for reasons you mentioned but the Liberty Bowl seems a lot more plausible.

you haven't missed anything in Memphis

VN Store

Back