Shouldn't Cam start over Hopson?

wherewolf

Big win tonight--but how much bigger would it have been minus Hopson's 5 TOs? He's been putting the ball on the floor like a walk-on the whole tourney--and the days of second chances are over.
Scotty's been missing open :spank:shots, and has looked out of sync since the SEC tourney.
Meanwhile, Cam's been playing solid, made some huge threes, and doesn't turn the ball over. WE CAN'T AFFORD SCOTTY'S MISTAKES IN ROUND 4!!!!

we also cant afford to waste all our energy on our starting five. our depth is what sets us apart and so far it seems to be working.

Maybe. Tatum is still going to be there though. I still believe we need Hopson if we are going to win in the final four and beyond. Just hoping he snaps out of it in time.

Can't mess with the rotation now! Plus we need that second wave of players and Cam is good for some points during that stretch!

I totally agree cam plays his butt off....hopson scared to break a sweat he look totally lost....
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Scotty look's like he wants to act like he doesn't have to even try to have a good game, kinda like it's nothing type of attitude...

Bruce made the right call late. We had our best team on the floor the last 5 mins.
Big difference.

Bruce is big on saying some guys start games and some guys finish games. I would be floored if the starting lineup changes. I think it's pretty much determined that the starters are set, and the only people coming off the bench are Pearl, Tatum, Bone, Hall, and Goins.

He still killed every run we had with either a missed shot or a horrendous turnover, and those mistakes are unacceptable in the final four. Scouts ain't stupid. State will come after him, and he'll have at least 5 TOs Sunday. I love Scotty's upside, and have rooted for him ever since he signed. BUT--The kid is overrated, period.

Hmmmm, I think CBP is making some pretty good decisions. He knows the dynamics of this group of Vols & has really maximized their talents on offense & defense. I trust the coach to make the right gametime decisions.

Big win tonight--but how much bigger would it have been minus Hopson's 5 TOs? He's been putting the ball on the floor like a walk-on the whole tourney--and the days of second chances are over.
Scotty's been missing open :spank:shots, and has looked out of sync since the SEC tourney.
Meanwhile, Cam's been playing solid, made some huge threes, and doesn't turn the ball over. WE CAN'T AFFORD SCOTTY'S MISTAKES IN ROUND 4!!!!
No. Why would you want to mess with the team now. Go Vols.

No. Why would you want to mess with the team now. Go Vols.

The same reason Josh Bone played tonight and hit a big three from the corner. I'm not saying Tatum should start, but lineups and strategies are meant to be changed based on the circumstances and the opponent.

It's like people forget that he held Diebler to 1-7 shooting tonight and Diebler had put 21.5 per game the last two.

Could not agree more. Tatum makes good things happen when he's out there. Hopson looks like he's moving in slow motion.

I have realized that Hopson was never a one-and-done kinda 5-star. He's a 5-star based on potential - a bit of a project. From year one to year two, he worked on his shot. It's much better. Now he needs to work on his ball handling.

His ball handling has gotten into his head, I think. And it's gotten into the ref's heads too. I've noticed that opponents get away with lots of swipes, slaps, and reach-ins against him.

Hopson is not even close to a good player, and not sure he'll ever be until he gets physically and mentally tougher. He's talented but so soft. He'll get eaten alive by msu--which is a tougher team than osu.

VN Store

Back