Should we start a petition?

No he didn't our fan base ran him of and we got what we deserve a coach that most of the country has never heard of, but they will now, when the NCAA comes to town, why don't we sigh another one, maybe we can run this dude of before the first game, and go get a real coach.:eek:hmy:

Most laughable post of the day. Ignorant fans had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: 3 people
Run off a coach who took us to the Sweet 16 to hire someone under investigation and you're mad at me?

Correction: Run off a coach who took us to the sweet 16, pass on the most obvious replacement the world has ever known to hire someone under investigation and you're mad at me?

Reactions: 1 person
Heck, if fans have to make a petition this time, then it should begin and end with wanting Hart and Cheek fired. Honestly, at this point, nothing the coaches do or don't do matter much to me. What matters more are the actions of those in charge- Cheek, Dipietrio, and Hart. They are the clowns that are responsible. The coaches win, lose, or get into trouble, or not, but it's us fans that pay the bills and I say we get rid of what *really* is wrong at UT. I only wish Hamilton was still there instead of digging wells in Africa because I'd love to start a petition to fire his sorry butt. At any rate, yeah, a petition to get the Booger Eater fired would suit me fine. By the way, didn't Hart vet Tyndall with the frigging NCAA? How is it the NCAA can do anything to us since (assuming they gave the thumbs up) they presumably knew of any improprieties regarding Tyndall? It's like a dang clown show at the UT admin and the NCAA. Don't get me started on wanting a petition to get rid of the NCAA. I'd sign that puppy in a heartbeat.

But, but...they started slow.

Don't be a fool. People supported Martin for 2.5 years and 70+ games of ugly and underperforming basketball. If he would've taken the reigns off early in yr 2, rather than for the last 10 games of yr 3 after another 50 pt output vs tx a & m, he would've kept support. He admitted to not coaching as much and letting the guys play during the run. It shouldn't take dire circumstances and 3 yrs to figure something so simple to win games.

Reactions: 4 people
Run off a coach who took us to the Sweet 16 to hire someone under investigation and you're mad at me?

this thread isn't quiet going the way you had hoped , is it ?

by the way Martin was , is a joke and DT wont do any better. Shopping at the Dollar Tree buys you cheap coaches.

But, but...they started slow.

It took CCM turning the players against the fans to make the run that they did to motivate them...it shouldn't be that way. All the fans asked for was to play motivated all year not just in February/part of March.

Don't be fooled by Martin's "charming" personality. I've heard he was a d-bag off the court as well.

I was at the Knoxville airport with my boys couple of years ago (getting ready to fly home after the football game). CCM and few other people in orange just pulled up in UT minivan. CCM noticed us all dressed in orange and smiled and waived to the boys which kind of made their day (given football team lost it was all doom/gloom before that). So no, CCM was anything but a d-bag off the court. If you want another proof about what type of man CCM was read this:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/215792-iowa-coach-just-gave-huge-props.html

Reactions: 2 people
No he didn't our fan base ran him of and we got what we deserve a coach that most of the country has never heard of, but they will now, when the NCAA comes to town, why don't we sigh another one, maybe we can run this dude of before the first game, and go get a real coach.:eek:hmy:
if zo was so little a man that he'd let a fan base 'run him off' then he is too thinskinned to be a div 1 coach...he was a malcontent, and YOU liked him? ur real smart

All the fans asked for was to play motivated all year not just in February/part of March.

That's not at all what the fans asked for. They specifically asked for Bruce Pearl back - which was obviously never going to happen as long as the same people who fired him were still making decisions. :crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
We should start one to say we believe in Donnie Tyndall and support him 100 percent. If not that one then none at all.

So go ahead and start one. Just keep in mind there is a great chance you will be disappointed with results.

No because that would left you with nothing meaningful to contribute to the thread.

You disappeared after Martin left and tyndall arrived, including when the recruiting class ended up higher ranked and other good news for the program. Now, potential bad news and you show up again.
A Martin fan under the guise of a vol fan is easy to spot.

So go ahead and start one. Just keep in mind there is a great chance you will be disappointed with results.

I gave you a like by accident so don't get excited. But wasn't you a big Martin lover?

You disappeared after Martin left and tyndall arrived, including when the recruiting class ended up higher ranked and other good news for the program.

I have stated many times previously that I support CDT (not his fault moronic fans petitioned our previous coach). I disappeared because football season is on so there was no reason to talk much about basketball (after CDT was hired and CCM arguments died down there was really not much to discuss regarding basketball - until we see what the team actually looks like). Had I know back than that CDT was going to bring these issues with NCAA I would have been much more critical of his hiring (which has nothing to do with my support of CCM when he was here).

VN Store

Back