Should we root for Bama or Michigan?

Should UT fans root for Bama or Michigan in today's game?

• I hate Bama! Go Michigan!

Votes: 172 66.7%
  • I love the SEC! Go Bama!

Votes: 34 13.2%
  • I don't really care. May the better team win.

Votes: 52 20.2%

• Total voters
My take on the playoffs this year is that I wanted Washington to win it all, followed by in order Michigan Bama and Texas.

I would prefer Bama over only Texas and that’s because Texas has been mediocre to average for years, and now that they’re coming into the SEC they are having an excellent year. This is like Mizzou coming in at the top of their cycle while the east was weak and down and getting a few SEC CG appearances. I don’t like a newcomer coming in with success like that and we don’t need Texas to actually be good.

Yes you’re wrong. Bama winning and playing for national titles has never been good for us.
The algorithm would disagree.
Say Tennessee goes 11-1 and that one loss is to Alabama. If undefeated Alabama wins the NC, Tennessee would have a higher final ranking due to sos than If Bama loses one or more games after beating UT. That would help Tennessee recruiting.

I'm for whomever wins the second game. I also hope Bama is not in that Championship game.

If they haven't already, some ESPN talking head is going to glom onto the fact that this year's CG isn't really the B12 vs the PAC. It's really the start of a new era: the (future) SEC vs the (future) B10.

I can envision the playoffs in the future being MOSTLY about how many SEC and how many B10 teams get into the playoffs, and whether we can get to a championship game with the two conferences going head to head.

The "good years" for the B10 will be those years. The bad years will be when the national title match is SEC vs SEC.

Go Vols!

p.s. I said "mostly" because there is still the ACC and B12, who will also get a team or two into the playoffs each year. They will normally be eliminated in the first rounds, leaving the final four and beyond as the near-exclusive preserve of the SEC and B10.

That's my prediction.

If they haven't already, some ESPN talking head is going to glom onto the fact that this year's CG isn't really the B12 vs the PAC. It's really the start of a new era: the (future) SEC vs the (future) B10.

I can envision the playoffs in the future being MOSTLY about how many SEC and how many B10 teams get into the playoffs, and whether we can get to a championship game with the two conferences going head to head.

The "good years" for the B10 will be those years. The bad years will be when the national title match is SEC vs SEC.

Go Vols!

p.s. I said "mostly" because there is still the ACC and B12, who will also get a team or two into the playoffs each year. They will normally be eliminated in the first rounds, leaving the final four and beyond as the near-exclusive preserve of the SEC and B10.

That's my prediction.
Oh they will spin it. But as Wes Rucker X'ed.

1704198309709.png

Oh they will spin it. But as Wes Rucker X'ed.

View attachment 606867
That's hilarious. Mainly because it's likely true.

And this is yet another reason Georgia has a real chance at talking several polls and rating systems, like Sports Illustrated, the Coaches Poll, and Sagarin, into crowning them national champs for their shellacking of Florida State.

The ones who crown UGa instead of Michigan (assuming Michigan beats Washington) will have the pleasure a year or two from now of NOT having their judgment vacated. Heh.

Go Vols!

Reactions: Halph66
Today was a beautiful day. Didn’t see one gump all day. No shirts,hats,license plates,bumper stickers. What a beautiful day to be alive in the Great state of Tennessee. Buck FAMA. Go VOLS

Reactions: johntvol
The algorithm would disagree.
Say Tennessee goes 11-1 and that one loss is to Alabama. If undefeated Alabama wins the NC, Tennessee would have a higher final ranking due to sos than If Bama loses one or more games after beating UT. That would help Tennessee recruiting.
Don’t care about some fantasy algorithm. bama loss is always,ALWAYS a beautiful thing

Reactions: johntvol
Don’t care about some fantasy algorithm. bama loss is always,ALWAYS a beautiful thing
Yep. Bama takes out uga. No three peat for the mutts. Michigan takes out bama which, as you said, is a beautiful thing. Washington takes out texas so that rich, entitled program is denied hardware. Washington takes out Michigan so cheaters don't prosper and boom....all is right with the world.

Reactions: carolinaviking
Had a conversation in line for the commode yesterday. There were TN fans saying you have to root for the SEC.

I said I'd root for Communism in the US first.

I personally was rooting for a comet to hit the Rose Bowl during the game but that's just me.

VN Store

Back