Should we have spent more time searching?

Hamilton just said Martin was the first coach they interviewed.....

I'm paraphrasing here:

The search firm came up with a list of 25 candidates.....Martin was the first one they interviewed, they didn't feel they had a need to continue a search.

Didn't want to interview 15-16 coaches.
Martin had a second interview and hit a home run yesterday afternoon.
I might have went on through with the interviews. Guy might turn out great, but he won't sell UT basketball nor will this hire raise a lot of interest. It's just like the Dooley hire in both of those regards.

Tennessee is in the top ten AD departments in the country in making money right? Then why do we hire like a mid major? It's pretty simple if you want to beat the best then hire the best. Don't hire a pretty good guy and hope for the best, not the way i'd do it anyway.

They have the money, make someone turn you down repeatedly.

Hamilton and this whole bunch just pretty much sucks and that's about all i got on that.

You can sit and smoke your pipe for too long and then realize that all of the good candidates got scooped up by someone else.

All indications are that Brad Stevens and Shaka Smart had no interest in UT, much less other schools.

We scooped up Cuonzo Martin before Missouri or Purdue could grab him. That speaks volumes of what two traditional basketball schools thought about Martin.

We also needed to have a coach in place to limit desertion damage. I hope this works out for us and it really could. GBO

Hamilton just said Martin was the first coach they interviewed.....

I'm paraphrasing here:

The search firm came up with a list of 25 candidates.....Martin was the first one they interviewed, they didn't feel they had a need to continue a search.

Didn't want to interview 15-16 coaches.
Martin had a second interview and hit a home run yesterday afternoon.

That's what Hammy also said about Kiffin. Turns out he was just good at bull sh!t!in' an interview.

If you find your guy, there is no need to wait. Obviously, Tennessee thought they found their guy.

similar to the dooley & kiffin hires, hamilton panicked and went with the first name that said yes. UT could have done a lot better than this guy

Regardless of whether they would have ended up with Martin, they certainly should have taken more time.

VN Store

Back