Should Washington have been made King?

In other news: Boehner being pressured by Repubs to not let Thou King give the state of the Union address. It is their chamber ya know and you have to be invited. Lol, this is hilarious.

In other news: Boehner being pressured by Repubs to not let Thou King give the state of the Union address. It is their chamber ya know and you have to be invited. Lol, this is hilarious.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm terribly sorry, If you cannot provide a copy of this "social contract" I'm afraid it doesn't exist. You cannot just say "oh, you're born, now give me half of your income once you reach adulthood, because I'm government, and I'm here to help the poor."
If that is the case, anyone can just go door to door proclaiming themselves rulers and demanding money from people.

I think you have a very dangerous view of government. You honestly think they're here to help the poor? The first thing you should realize is, government has no money and they produce nothing. They can be likened to a leech sucking out the blood (money) of productive people.

Theft (A criminal act in which property belonging to another is taken without that person's consent.)
That is the definition of theft, I love how you say taxes also work to benefit those from whom they were taken. At least you admit it's "taken" you might as well step up to the plate and call it theft.
Please keep in mind who we're dealing with regards to government.

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

That is governments world wide, 260 million people. Of course you'll respond by saying, "America would never do that" really? Ask an Indian if America would do that, ask a person who lived through Hiroshima or Nagasaki if America would do that.
So no, governments are not here to make things equal and help the poor, as you say. They're here to enrich themselves at the expense of everyone else and when they do give someone money, you have to realize that money was stolen from someone else.

The social contract is just like the "law" of gravity---it exists by its effects, not by its formulation. To exist in space-time and to have mass means you will be affected by the law of gravity; likewise, to exist within a society is to be affected by a social contract. You implicitly agree to the contract by your abiding within a given society. As you are born into a society, you are automatically bound by the social contract at a micro-level (familial duties). A person may change societies or abandon them altogether (on the macro-level), but one must first opt-out of the social contract and leave.

Taxation is not theft---it is the fulfillment of the social contract's obligations. When you are born into a society, you are bound by its laws. If the society in which you were born says all in the community must put forth some of your income to provide benefit for all the public, then it is your choice to either abide by the social contract or to go elsewhere and find a society with a social contract more agreeable to you. So, taxes are not theft in any sense.

Your last argument is strange and tangential. Yes, people have abused power. Governments have abused their powers, but they were also stopped by other governments!

Government is meant to restrain the abuse of natural powers by providing a way for people to communally defend themselves, protect their property, and preserve their rights.

VN Store

Back