Should Vandy fans be crying?

Vandy isn't better than us its just a bad match up Chism struggles when he goes against AJ Ogilvy.

Vandy isn't better than us its just a bad match up Chism struggles when he goes against AJ Ogilvy.

I don't think you've watched the games of the past 3 years. AJO is always getting the awards while Wayne has not, but has eaten his lunch on the court.
The 1st game this yr, I attended and Wayne was in fould trouble early / often and only JP came to play. I did not see the second game.

They shouldnt cry until the start of football season in the fall. That should be a day of mourning.

Pathetic.

Listening to 104.5 this morning and Kevin Ingram and Vandy fans are heart broken over the fact that Tennessee might be seeded ahead of Vandy in the NCAAs. Ingram said no matter what happens in the SEC tourney Vandy should be seeded higher than Tennessee.

They beat us twice and finished ahead of UT in the SEC. However Tennessee has beaten two #1s a "good loss" to Purdue. What is Vandys best win? Against us? A team they think they are better than? Have they beaten anyone they weren't "supposed" to beat?

So I ask, Do Vandy fans have a point or is it just another case of Vandy fans being Vandy fans?

:cray: :frown:

We are Vandy's best wins of the year. They also have some pretty bad losses. Our most impressive wins are against #1 and #2. Objectively comparing these teams takes into consideration much more than who won the snapshot of January 23rd to February 23rd where UT played some of its worst basketball of the season while losing 5 of the 7 total losses for the season. Vanderbilt is a good team. Should they be upset if we are seeded higher? No. Should we be upset if they are seeded higher? No.

I think this whole thread boils down to one thing. Why are you listening to a bunch of Vandy graduates that work for 104.5 in Nashville? Of course they are going to pretend Vanderbilt is relevant athletically. You have to see the whining coming from a mile away and you subject yourself to it anyway. This is even preemptive whining about a possible future event. They are the experts. Just tell them to polish that Women's Bowling trophy and be quiet.

We are Vandy's best wins of the year. They also have some pretty bad losses. Our most impressive wins are against #1 and #2. Objectively comparing these teams takes into consideration much more than who won the snapshot of January 23rd to February 23rd where UT played some of its worst basketball of the season while losing 5 of the 7 total losses for the season. Vanderbilt is a good team. Should they be upset if we are seeded higher? No. Should we be upset if they are seeded higher? No.

I think this whole thread boils down to one thing. Why are you listening to a bunch of Vandy graduates that work for 104.5 in Nashville? Of course they are going to pretend Vanderbilt is relevant athletically. You have to see the whining coming from a mile away and you subject yourself to it anyway. This is even preemptive whining about a possible future event. They are the experts. Just tell them to polish that Women's Bowling trophy and be quiet.

As a native Nashvillian... +1000

I agree that we should be seeded better than them, but don't get me wrong. I do not want to play them in either tourney. We match up horribly against Vandy, and its not like Bruce's track record against Stallings is that great.

VN Store

Back