Should UT throw a lifeline to BH-H

His inner circle thought he was going to be the next Kevin Durant lol.

Like dude, Rick coached the OG. If BHH had that kind of potential, Barnes would’ve seen it and would’ve fought to keep him here.
His inner circle failed to provide him proper guidance and he failed his inner circle by projecting the attitude he had.

Isn’t he in the NBA shooting 3’s? Wasn’t that the plan? Wish him well but the grass isn’t always greener. But coming back…that’s a hard NO!

Reactions: knox73
no.. Louisville was LAST in the ACC this year and it wasn't close... they won 3 conference games (8 total) in a year the ACC is down. last year.. his first year there they won 4 games (2 conference). the last time Louisville won less than 12 games was during WWII....his coming to that school coincided with their 2 worst years since 1941.. note Lousiville is not a scrub school they have a winning history with 3 fairly recent nattys.

Last edited:
Reactions: KTrain
no.. Louisville was LAST in the ACC this year and it wasn't close... they won 3 conference games (8 total) in a year the ACC is down. last year.. his first year there they won 4 games (2 conference). the last time Louisville won less than 12 games was during WWII....his coming to that school coincided with their 2 worst years since 1941.. note Lousiville is not a scrub school they have a winning history with 3 fairly recent nattys.
There can be excellent players on bad teams. Alan Houston comes to mind.

All of that on a team that really needed someone to step up big and he averaged 6 points/5 reb 22/23 & 12 points/8Reb 23/24. Most teams just showed up and beat Louisville usually that allows for inflated scoring averages because you're playing walk-ons last 5 minutes. He got over 30 minutes a game so he had playing time.

There can be excellent players on bad teams. Alan Houston comes to mind.
no team Allan Houston was on was that bad. 1 Louisville has never had season worse or close to as bad as the 2 years he played there since 1941....Houston funny enough from Louisville played 4 years here their worst seasons were 12 and 13 wins. To win 4 and 8 games in consecutive seasons at Louisville is insane. The fact he was only able to put up the numbers he did on a team that bad he averaged 13 points a game. On a team that bad he was the best player overall statistically, it was his show.

Now end of day its up to the coaches. If CRB wants him then more power to him. Could the guy help our depth in the post? Certainly, but he has proven he can't take CRB's coaching that's why he left in the first place. He is from Clarksville so maybe there is a chance he wants to come back to the big O. If he does and the coaches want him welcome back but I wouldn't be seeking him out. That is merely my perspective, he is not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination. I just don't want that bad juju that's up there wit the cardinals following him here.

My first instinct is "hell to the no."

BUT, if Coach Barnes would take him back, then I would fully support coach.
Same here. At first I totally against him returning. Then after putting some thought into it, there is no way in Hades I would want this kind of character back on our team.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
As I remember it, he was pretty universally liked by his teammates and even Santi and JJJ went to Barnes on his behalf suggesting he get more time on the floor.

My initial thought is NO! But I could see the slice of humble pie he's gnawed on for two years at Louisville maybe helping him mature. If not, kick rocks, but if Barnes believes in him, he's got some talent and would provide post depth. Do we need that depth? Probably not, so it's likely a moot point. I wouldn't take him over any post we currently have, so if his presence pushed someone else out, then no thanks.
Now, if this were all about talent, then heck yeah. Our post presence would be #1 in the nation. But, this kid has been jumping from team to team annually since middle school iirc. That says a lot about him and who he's listening to. My thought is that it will be cancerous to our culture. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Looks like a perfect fit for Tiger High and Penny.
Wouldn’t doubt it a bit. They’ll be desperate for players. Not sure how much NIL money they can muster though. Guessing some of their big boosters aren’t real happy these days.

Same here. At first I totally against him returning. Then after putting some thought into it, there is no way in Hades I would want this kind of character back on our team.
C coach Barnes learned he was not the type of player who could play for him. It appears he doesn't play well for other coaches either.

Remember his demand of play a certain amount of minutes and he would stay? No thanks I dif think he had upside. However that type of mentality of not wanting to earn it is not what we need.

If not mistaken, the team manager position is set for next year, so that would be a no.

VN Store

Back