Should Tim Banks be replaced at end of season?

As stated previously, if you’re a troll…it’s a multi-layered troll. I simply can’t APPRECIATE your thought process if this was an honest effort. Real snap judgement with no full season perspective. Ranked among the weakest of “fahr him” threads.

Reasons, madam. I'm all about a good debate. VN thinks i'm advocating but i'm just interested in seeing people's pros and cons.

As stated previously, if you’re a troll…it’s a multi-layered troll. I simply can’t APPRECIATE your thought process if this was an honest effort. Real snap judgement with no full season perspective. Ranked among the weakest of “fahr him” threads.

You don't get me...and you're too smart not to. It's genuinely an attempt to foster a good back and forth. Scheme sucked tonight. Some problems were the same as Pitt and OM. Lots of great things too about Banks. When if ever do you reach a tipping point? I just like to see it laid out, with arguments, sans all the attacks. That is what a football forum is for. That is not trolling. I do not need any attention, i already get plenty from the public in my real life. I like the debate, that's all.

Yes, I know, my VN friends: (1) "We just won a big game, why go negative?" (I'm not being negative, this is just a question in direct response to our objectively bad defensive play) (2) "The D just had a huge TOP discrepancy, they were gassed!" (Agreed, but were they partly gassed because our coaching scheme didn't get them off the field?) (3) "We are low on scholarships and bodies who can play!" Yes, again, I know all that. My question (and it's just a question, not a call for a march on the athletic facility with torches or for a nocturnal visit to the rock with spray paint) is this: DOES TIM BANKS's DEFENSIVE SCHEME HOLD US BACK? Are we going to be able get to the next level with this lack of pressure from our 3 man rushes and infrequent blitzing or stunting, combined with a soft zone in the second and third levels? This impotent combo seems to give the opposing QB that extra second to find the receiver who turns and sits down in a hole in the secondary or breaks into a gap between our flat-footed DBs.

So do we stick with our guy and hit the portal for better players? Or do we find a coach with a better scheme (and still hit that portal)?
I’m hearing Todd Grantham May be available soon...
We don’t fire anyone until at least after next season and that’s pushing it AND assuming it’s warranted. We don’t have the luxury of blowing anyone out this soon and besides winning, this program needs stability in a bad way!
GBO!!

Last edited:
You don't get me...and you're too smart not to. It's genuinely an attempt to foster a good back and forth. Scheme sucked tonight. Some problems were the same as Pitt and OM. Lots of great things too about Banks. When if ever do you reach a tipping point? I just like to see it laid out, with arguments, sans all the attacks. That is what a football forum is for. That is not trolling. I do not need any attention, i already get plenty from the public in my real life. I like the debate, that's all.
Appreciate the slap at a compliment. I’ll return in kind. You’re better than manufacturing a debate when your brain matter is perfectly capable of knowing we’re not firing the guy. Your time your waste.

Appreciate the slap at a compliment. I’ll return in kind. You’re better than manufacturing a debate when your brain matter is perfectly capable of knowing we’re not firing the guy. Your time your waste.

Actually i thought firing him might get some traction on VN in light of all the angst on the game thread. I would be against that, though.

Worst take of the season. Banks is crushing it.
Dude. Nuke this thread!
The guy has literally worked miracles with what he’s had to work with. We need continuity imo.
Not no, but HELL NO! What he has done with this depleted roster and the amount of snaps our D has played he has done a more than adequate job! GBFO!
He has done a spectacular job. Took a rag tag bunch of guys and made a serviceable unit. This thread title has to be a joke. He ought to get dc of the year with what he has to work with

If the OP is not a troll that is truly a fan of a rival program then I do not even know where to begin honestly.

We are better on defense in EVERY measurable way this season despite losing all the leading tacklers from last years team...as in safety Warrior and BOTH inside LBs. Banks has done an amazimg job including sending all out jailbreak blitzes on the last 4 snaps tonight when he knew our guys were too gassed to hold up.

Booo!!! Boo this poster. He sucks

Because you know he isn’t being fired…nowhere close.

No, again, i was not lying. We had a terrible night on D and some of it seems attributable to scheme. That gets coaches on hot seats. Losing to Ky again almost happened for the first time since the 1970s. I thought it worth debating the merits of upgrading from Banks. I am glad to keep him, though, and the reasonable posters gave some excellent reasons.

Butchna, believe it or not, i'm not devious.

The 4th and 24 play call was atrocious along with going conservative a few other plays.

Play calling overall wasn't the issue tonight though.

Burrell missed a sure interception and the d line got pushed around badly in the first half especially.

Beasley and Banks were catching a lot of grief but they weren't getting a lot of clean shots to make plays either. Levis played superman a few times but he deserves credit for making plays too.. These aren't scheme issues, ithey are talent and execution issues.

Kentucky also isn't as bad as some want to believe. Levis is a better QB than he gets credit for on here. I also think both their RBs along with Robinson will be playing on Sundays. Their o line was mostly 4th and 5th year players so they have been together a long time too.

Heupel and co. right now are like that cute little stray puppy you found, wandering the neighborhood and begged your parents to keep. Sure, he’s adorable now and you wouldn’t think of taking him out and turning him loose in some random field in the country and driving away. Come find me in 2-3 years when that puppy is grown up and you’ve fed, watered and walked him everyday for 3 years, then we’ll discuss if anyone on this staff is cutting it or not.
GBO!!

If the OP is not a troll that is truly a fan of a rival program then I do not even know where to begin honestly.

We are better on defense in EVERY measurable way this season despite losing all the leading tacklers from last years team...as in safety Warrior and BOTH inside LBs. Banks has done an amazimg job including sending all out jailbreak blitzes on the last 4 snaps tonight when he knew our guys were too gassed to hold up.

Booo!!! Boo this poster. He sucks

No i do not suck but thanks bro. Doesn't have to be personal, you know? You provided just the kind of reasons i was looking for. That's all ya had to do.

Overall, Banks gets recognition for doing better than expected with what he walked into. But I got to say, on 3rd or 4th and long, his defense seems to consistently give up either a first down or a touchdown. What was it tonight toward the end, 4th and 24? And what happened? That stuff has to change.

No, again, i was not lying. We had a terrible night on D and some of it seems attributable to scheme. That gets coaches on hot seats. Losing to Ky again almost happened for the first time since the 1970s. I thought it worth debating the merits of upgrading from Banks. I am glad to keep him, though, and the reasonable posters gave some excellent reasons.

Butchna, believe it or not, i'm not devious.
But you KNOW he’s not getting fired? “Almost” is quite the rationale. We’re experienced in real losses. So we (again) buy out a guaranteed contract and fling ourself into the abyss of this unnamed “upgrade” who no doubt will be salivating to join this hair trigger venture with all of its accompanying stability? Who’s high enough?

Yes, I know, my VN friends: (1) "We just won a big game, why go negative?" (I'm not being negative, this is just a question in direct response to our objectively bad defensive play) (2) "The D just had a huge TOP discrepancy, they were gassed!" (Agreed, but were they partly gassed because our coaching scheme didn't get them off the field?) (3) "We are low on scholarships and bodies who can play!" Yes, again, I know all that. My question (and it's just a question, not a call for a march on the athletic facility with torches or for a nocturnal visit to the rock with spray paint) is this: DOES TIM BANKS's DEFENSIVE SCHEME HOLD US BACK? Are we going to be able get to the next level with this lack of pressure from our 3 man rushes and infrequent blitzing or stunting, combined with a soft zone in the second and third levels? This impotent combo seems to give the opposing QB that extra second to find the receiver who turns and sits down in a hole in the secondary or breaks into a gap between our flat-footed DBs.

So do we stick with our guy and hit the portal for better players? Or do we find a coach with a better scheme (and still hit that portal)?

Not yet. He does need to clean up this bend but don't break bs though

Reactions: volinthenorth
So nothing genuine in your whole presentation.

Everything was genuinely an attempt to start a fact based discussion and see where it goes. No other agenda. Unfortunately, far too many people respond almost violently. Churlish and puerile. That's a huge problem caused by the anonymity on here.

But you KNOW he’s not getting fired? “Almost” is quite the rationale. We’re experienced in real losses. So we (again) buy out a guaranteed contract and fling ourself into the abyss of this unnamed “upgrade” who no doubt will be salivating to join this hair trigger venture with all of its accompanying stability? Who’s high enough?

I suppose those are the issues i wanted to see laid out. What's your take on them?

I know a lot about the sport, actually. I think Banks has done a good job. Tonight, though, was quite bad. Do you think he stubbornly stuck with a system tonight that just wasn't working? Any criticism of him, or is it all on the players?
You can always second guess every coach in every game. If Banks loads the box and they beat us deep he shouldn’t have done it, if he sticks to bend but don't break then he should blitz. At the end of the day Banks dialed up timely blitzes and in my opinion has done a great job considering the players he has to work with especially linebacker.

VN Store

Back