Should Rick Barnes be SEC COY and NCAA COY?

i remember people being apathetic to this hire.

well?

I can promise you those people still are. Legions of the miserable.

As for me, I give credit to Rick Barnes and his staff for a remarkable coaching job. Just remember where this program was three years ago.

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly feel like most fair thing would be co-coy with Bruce. I'd be happy with that

Cherry on top would be trophy presented to Bruce by Aaron Kraft at a barbecue trophy presentation banquet (legally thrown by NCAA itself.)

The Boston Liar deserves nothing good. He is a proven liar AND cheater!!!

How do u even argue this . The stat earlier today should prove he is the coach of the year

I think Barnes deserves it, but another one to consider is the Ohio State coach.
Also, Martin did a good job at Missouri.

Aubbie was picked to suck this year as well. I think Pearl and Rick should be CO-COYs.

I think Barnes deserves it, but another one to consider is the Ohio State coach.
Also, Martin did a good job at Missouri.

Did Martin? They went 19-11 with 2 NBA draft picks. Generally, if you have 1 draft pick on your roster people are talking ncaa tourney run. It's not guaranteed Missouri will even make the ncaa tourney. NOBODY does less with more like Martin. He is an awful, awful coach

Reactions: 1 person
I think it should be Barnes, but Bruce did crazy well also. Wouldn't surprise me is all I'm saying.

Gotcha. Nothing surprises me. Bruce certainly did well, but Auburn did not play the schedule that we did. I know that the conference record only counts for conference award, but I would like to see what Auburn would do with our entire schedule.

Bruce has more talent and a black cloud currently over the program.

Barnes has “less talent” (based on rankings) and is to our knowledge squeaky clean.

They finish tied for 1st and UT had the tougher schedule.

Do the right thing and give it to Barnes.

Give Barnes and his assistant a well deserved raise after the fantastic job they did with this team. Nothing but quality young men and it shows on and off the court. Bravo!

Tying for 1st with AU gives the edge to CRB. Especially when picked to be worse than AU pre-season. I think he has a higher "like" ratio with voters. UT has had a more impressive OOC season as well. Those factors push Barnes ahead of Bruce a little IMO. But, they have both been phenomenal this year.

These awards are very arbitrary and based on a lot of emotion and performance vs expectations, which are always innacurate. But hey, our guy is in the driver's seat. I'm all for hyping him in order to get in the head of 1 or 2 blue-chip signees heads this upcoming class.

It’s like the Heisman in my eyes. Political. I hope he wins both because he deserves it. Picked 13th should say it all. If he doesn’t he’s still the COY in my eyes.

Hope he wins both...
But Hey what it they decide to make Bruce and Rick
CO-Coaches of the SEC and Year...Both from the SEC..WOW...could it happen

Did Martin? They went 19-11 with 2 NBA draft picks. Generally, if you have 1 draft pick on your roster people are talking ncaa tourney run. It's not guaranteed Missouri will even make the ncaa tourney. NOBODY does less with more like Martin. He is an awful, awful coach

We are 20-11 with our best player missing

This team went 8-24 last year. 8-24. We are playing with a 7 man rotation, unless MPjr comes back

Martin should absolutely be in the discussion

VN Store

Back