Shoop's D: Article explaining why it works at MSU, failed at Tennessee

Where are all those who slammed a few of us who dared question Jones? It is amazing how much so many here sound like we did 3 years ago.

Shoop is being professional while pretty much painting a picture. Jones interfered and micromanaged him.

Amazingly, there are a few here that will still defend their past defenses of Jones. He was a bad HC. He was in year 1. He was in every year after. He underperformed the talent on his roster each year. Now... even the quality of that talent is being questioned by Pruitt. Pruitt may not be a good HC... but he's been around SEC level talent his entire college career. He knows what it looks like and has pretty much straight out said that UT doesn't have that level of talent. It seems Jones was a "star gazer" who had little real ability of his own to evaluate players. But... he's such a micromanager that HE alone made the final decision on who was offered and pursued.

Where are all those who slammed a few of us who dared question Jones? It is amazing how much so many here sound like we did 3 years ago.

Shoop is being professional while pretty much painting a picture. Jones interfered and micromanaged him.

Amazingly, there are a few here that will still defend their past defenses of Jones. He was a bad HC. He was in year 1. He was in every year after. He underperformed the talent on his roster each year. Now... even the quality of that talent is being questioned by Pruitt. Pruitt may not be a good HC... but he's been around SEC level talent his entire college career. He knows what it looks like and has pretty much straight out said that UT doesn't have that level of talent. It seems Jones was a "star gazer" who had little real ability of his own to evaluate players. But... he's such a micromanager that HE alone made the final decision on who was offered and pursued.

Present, I'm here to take my helping of crow. I stood behind him as long as I could. I made alot of people mad, and turns out I was wrong. I guess I wanted us/him to succeed so much with flashes of improvement I didn't wanna see just how bad he really was.

Present, I'm here to take my helping of crow. I stood behind him as long as I could. I made alot of people mad, and turns out I was wrong. I guess I wanted us/him to succeed so much with flashes of improvement I didn't wanna see just how bad he really was.
Kudos to you for having the class, honesty, and character to own up... Thanks for being a great Vol.

VN Store

Back