Shoop praising Dillion Bates

Hopefully D. Bates can gain some quality muscle mass and live up to his hype. But unfortunately I'm afraid his "hype" has been drummed up because of his dad's stellar career. Maybe he shows out this year. I really hope so!

"Dillion" Bates is a new walk-on.

His name closely resembles the other Bates on the team but it's clearly not the same Bates.

You guys are SO clueless and uninformed sometimes.

Sometimes people forget some players take a year or 2 to really take off. If I was too list all the players that made little if any impacts their Freshmen and Soph seasons only to become good to even great players it would take a long time to list. Come to think of it I don't think Bill Bates himself really started to shine until his last 2 years. Reggie White actually didn't blow up till his senior year, and there are many more. I guess with message boards around it's easy to say a kids a bust after 2 years, even though that in many cases that is nowhere near the truth. It's a rush society these days, if a kid has a good freshman year folks are ready to send them to the pro's. If he struggles for a couple of years he is automatically a bust. GBO!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back