Shawn Bryson, Jonathan Brown return to UT to graduate

Key word there.

Why would anyone really believe Dooley was in any way responsible for this? Because there is a picture of them? That's the only reason -that's ridiculous.

Some people here probably think the VFLprogram was his idea and doing as well if I had to guess. Most universities have these same exact programs in place and have for some time.

First off, a big congratulations to these two. I am pretty sure the % of college athletes that return to get their diploma is pretty low. With that said, the articles on GVX attribute Bryson and Brown returning to school at UT to being contacted by Dan Carlson about finishing their degrees. Was this per the request of Dooley?

Does anyone know if this is part of Dooley's VFL program? I was wondering if this was part of him showing he's committed to the VFL program wth both past and present players.

Wish we dress them out next year.

Why would anyone really believe Dooley was in any way responsible for this? Because there is a picture of them? That's the only reason -that's ridiculous.

Some people here probably think the VFLprogram was his idea and doing as well if I had to guess. Most universities have these same exact programs in place and have for some time.

I believe there is common ground in this discussion. DD and the staff would like for us and more importantly recruits to believe that the VFL program is somehow involved in this. The real reason for creating the program IMO is for recruiting athletes and I am CERTAIN that the picture will be shown to families during the recruiting process to show a lifetime commitment to players. Now does this happen everywhere absolutely and has for years but DD has created the program to win football games thru recruiting and you can bet he will use this to impress recruits and in particular their mothers.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You've made it perfectly clear you don't want someone to have a positive thought about Coach Dooley. I find that sad since you claim to be a supporter of Tennessee.

You've made it perfectly clear you don't want someone to have a positive thought about Coach Dooley. I find that sad since you claim to be a supporter of Tennessee.

Other than being a good recruiter and coming from a football family there isn't really anything positive about CDD.

he's a southern? Is that good enough?

There is guy who is in charge of several things, and one of them is reaching out to former athletes to come finish their degrees. Not sure if its directly related to the VFL program.

Shawn would basically drive from ATL on Tuesday and stay till Thursday.

Its great they are reaching out to these guys to finish their degrees.

There is guy who is in charge of several things, and one of them is reaching out to former athletes to come finish their degrees. Not sure if its directly related to the VFL program.

Shawn would basically drive from ATL on Tuesday and stay till Thursday.

Its great they are reaching out to these guys to finish their degrees.

Buff

Does the Athletic department pay the tuition for these guy?

Buff

old article but it appears they can help pay for it if needed

the athletic department works with them on a case-by-case basis to help pay for them to complete the degree program," Dan Carlson, RAC director, said. Those admitted to the program are required to work part-time within their sport to receive paid tuition, fees and books. The program is funded through private donations through the Volunteer Athletic Scholarship Fund, and each sport has an administrator who requires a former athlete to meet certain criteria to participate.
Program helps athletes finish degrees | The Daily Beacon

that is the same guy that called Brown and had him come back

Buff

There is a program called Renewing Academic Committment that reaches out to them. They get a scholorship from that program in return for like 10 or 15 hours of work in the atheltic department each week.

I am unsure if its through the atheltic department or university directly, but regardless its a great program.

Also it means you have your former athletes around your current athlets, never a bad thing.

VN Store

Back