Shane Beamer give me A SIGN that your the man

London Vol

Shane Beamer claimed than South Carolina were bigger and better than Tennessee, well perhaps show us a sign that you were right please. Lets have a glance hows thats working out.

Tennessee are struggling along at 7-2, where another 5 victories and we are the National Champions.(a reality but unlikely)

South Carolina managed to hold off Jacksonville St (thats not the Trevor Lawrence Jacksonville) to rocket to 3-6 and create daylight between them and Vanderbilt whilst keeping the gap between the Vols and the Gamecocks to 4 games. They also need to beat Vanderbilt, Kentucky and Clemson to go bowling.

We have a saying "better to keep your mouth shut and let them think you are a fool, than open it and prove it"

The futures bright, the futures Orange.

Go Vols

Shane Beamer claimed than South Carolina were bigger and better than Tennessee, well perhaps show us a sign that you were right please. Lets have a glance hows thats working out.

Tennessee are struggling along at 7-2, where another 5 victories and we are the National Champions.(a reality but unlikely)

South Carolina managed to hold off Jacksonville St (thats not the Trevor Lawrence Jacksonville) to rocket to 3-6 and create daylight between them and Vanderbilt whilst keeping the gap between the Vols and the Gamecocks to 4 games. They also need to beat Vanderbilt, Kentucky and Clemson to go bowling.

We have a saying "better to keep your mouth shut and let them think you are a fool, than open it and prove it"

Go Vols
Beamer claimed that? Not saying you're wrong (it does sound like something that weirdo would say), but I haven't seen that.

Dude is so irrelevant he doesn’t deserve a thread on VN. They’re planning to move on from him asap
We need to be careful what we wish for here. If they fire Beamer they may find someone substantially better. Jimbo Fisher, who can recruit, may be available. Even a blind squirrel can find some nuts, remember they got lucky with Spurrier.

We need to be careful what we wish for here. If they fire Beamer they may find someone substantially better. Jimbo Fisher, who can recruit, may be available. Even a blind squirrel can find some nuts, remember they got lucky with Spurrier.
Jimbo can't win with all the talent money can buy. I'd love for him to land at USCjr.

😂 I would laugh my ass off if they hired Jimbo. A&M would love to move him out. My worry is they grab a good up and comer. Jimbo is basically set for life after the A&M contract.

If Jimbo gets canned, he gets a $76.8 million over the next 7 years. If anyone with that amount of money willingly decides to spend any time in Columbia, SC they should be committed.

The entire situation with Jimbo has made me wonder if it is possible to "trade" a college coach?

You know how sometime the pros will trade a player but still pick up most of his salary? Usually this is done for a player near the end of his contract or near the end of his guaranteed money or whatever.

A&M should work some sort of deal where they trade him to some half-baked school like uscjr and pick up half his salary. They get basically a reduced buyout and uscjr gets a cheap football coach for 7 years which they would love

I know it's not possible due to contracts, etc but you have to admit it would be funnier than hell.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Jimbo at most would go to the booth at some point. He may try to redeem himself somewhere first, but he was never the man at FSU. Norvell currently has them this year where Jimbo couldn't go.

Always thought jimbo jumped ship at LSU too soon. Should have rode it out and got promoted after Saban.

Jimbo at most would go to the booth at some point. He may try to redeem himself somewhere first, but he was never the man at FSU. Norvell currently has them this year where Jimbo couldn't go.

Always thought jimbo jumped ship at LSU too soon. Should have rode it out and got promoted after Saban.
Huh? Jimbo won a title and then made the CFP the year after.

Also, he actually did hold on at LSU after Saban left...but they hired Les Miles as HC.

Reactions: Plecoptera
If Jimbo gets canned, he gets a $76.8 million over the next 7 years. If anyone with that amount of money willingly decides to spend any time in Columbia, SC they should be committed.
I lived in Columbia, SC for two years. It's not that bad honestly. Now where their stadium is is stupid AF.

Reactions: VolnGermany

What has Norvell won at FSU?

They hired two of the greatest coaches in the last 50 yrs in college football. One the Vols beat every time he when on the field. The other the Vols ran outta coaching when he couldn’t beat Butch Jones. Let ‘em hire who they want. If Tennessee is right, they’re not a factor.

They hired two of the greatest coaches in the last 50 yrs in college football. One the Vols beat every time he when on the field. The other the Vols ran outta coaching when he couldn’t beat Butch Jones. Let ‘em hire who they want. If Tennessee is right, they’re not a factor.
They like to hire coaches who have won national championships elsewhere. Paul Dietzel in the 60’s, who won a natty with LSU in 1958, then Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier. Jimbo Fisher fits the bill.

Jimbo gonna take his millions and go to the farm. He ain’t going to SC

I dunno man.

Jimbo seems like the kind of guy who is always going to want to show you how smart he is. This has been pretty constant-even when he is an idiot.

Yeah, I'm not so sure he goes to SC but I could very well see him ending up at one of the more prestigious G5 schools or something.

Either that or getting his mug and annoying voice on TV every week in a studio gig somewhere. I'm not so sure that the studio thing would even be an option though-Jimbo is not well liked by many.

Reactions: DirtyDawg
I dunno man.

Jimbo seems like the kind of guy who is always going to want to show you how smart he is. This has been pretty constant-even when he is an idiot.

Yeah, I'm not so sure he goes to SC but I could very well see him ending up at one of the more prestigious G5 schools or something.

Either that or getting his mug and annoying voice on TV every week in a studio gig somewhere. I'm not so sure that the studio thing would even be an option though-Jimbo is not well liked by many.
I’m not concerned with Jimbo Fisher regardless but He’s set to get 50% of the buyout at termination & the other 50% over a number of years. At $35million to be paid out over time & offset from other coaching money, why would a school hire Him at a cost that would be above what he’d earn on the farm?

Go Vols

If South Carolina moves on from Beamer, they could try to grab the Coastal Carolina head coach as his replacement.

I think that Texas A&M gives Fisher one more year.

VN Store

Back