i invented the woo

told dooley to focus on shower discipline
told dooley to bring an orange dog to practice
told espn to rig the heisman vote against pm
told hamilton to hire dooley
every third and chavis call i made

bring me your hate

satan!

VFH, are you a man of wealth and taste?:)

Last edited:
Anyone who gets themself worked up over people yelling "woo" during rocky top needs to re-evaluate their life lol. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Reactions: 8 people
Glad to see we're ditching the checker Neyland though. The fans do their part, it's time for the coaching staff to do theirs on game day.

Reactions: 6 people
I'm not sure why the "woo" bothers so many people to such great extents to complain about it so much.

If you don't like it, just don't do it.

For those that aren't bothered, carry on with the "WOO!"

You ain't changing it, why even bother?

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone who gets themself worked up over people yelling "woo" during rocky top needs to re-evaluate their life lol. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Not a true fan, IMO.

Vol fans are allowed to voice their pleasure & displeasure over such important matters as they see fit.

Not a true fan, IMO.

Vol fans are allowed to voice their pleasure & displeasure over such important matters as they see fit.

You're allowed to, yes, but it's silly to get worked up. As said earlier, no one is forcing you to woo.

I was hoping they were attempting to bring back the "stomp." Used to really be something when 200,000 feet were stomping in unison.

Reactions: 1 person
I am good with stomping and yelling and going crazy. WOO is ok. But stupid kids and other fans shake the dang thing in your face when the ball is snapped. Can't see the dang play. I will be snapping some Pom pom shakers if that happens. This is a STUPID IDEA probably designed by idiot sor women.

Reactions: 1 person
I am good with stomping and yelling and going crazy. WOO is ok. But stupid kids and other fans shake the dang thing in your face when the ball is snapped. Can't see the dang play. I will be snapping some Pom pom shakers if that happens. This is a STUPID IDEA probably designed by idiot sor women.

you wouldnt last long if you were an Alabama or Auburn fan

Is there a difference?

The students "WOOed" during Rocky Top when I was in School during the glory years. (1996-2001 - I know what a great time to be in college).

It must have started pre-1996?

i was there 94-97, and i think it did start in 95. may have been the GA game that year when Rober Edwards broke his leg...

that's my best guess. i don't remember the "woo" before then, and can't remember being w/out it since....

Surely with our facilities,especially the media center,there is a bright young student or students that could work with the football admin & put together a well thought out plan.i like third down for what but not on every third down,gets a lil old by second half.there is a vast library of songs,Thunderstruck-AC/DC,Vengeance from the movie The Equalizer & so many more as our defense should be awesome.Sound bites or snippets to choose from also.I remember back when the Titans were one of the league's best & the rock would be on the big screen with different things.expectations are great for the vols,be nice to have something that remained fresh & maybe changing a lil from game to game but still keeping some fan favorites.Rocky Top with or without the woo will always have it's place as does The Pride of the Southland Band.I think when we are on a roll,especially on offense that the band when focused in one direction can have an effect when other team is trying to slow the pace,call timeouts or whatever.Think we are in for a great year no matter how they choose to entertain us between plays.GBO/VFL:loco::hi:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlrak7psg8g[/youtube]

Why not ask everyone to just wear orange and yell their guts out?

And FWIW, I WOO! With gusto!

:rock:
GBO!!!

Checker Neyland.

Bring your shaker and shake it.

Get loud.

Stand up and be counted.

Win em all.

A year to remember.

Straight to the moon Vols.