Shaka Smart + orange tie = a signal?

Roy Williams had on a light blue blazer today, it must mean he is going to be an assistant coach for the Lady Vols.

I'm kinda surprised that no one has pointed out that Shaka Smart isn't on Hatvol's top 10 list and therefore shouldn't be considered...

I'm kinda surprised that no one has pointed out that Shaka Smart isn't on Hatvol's top 10 list and therefore shouldn't be considered...

That list sucked. Lon Kruger was #1. I hope Hamilton, or whoever, doesn't reference it.

During Coach Smart's time on Purnell's staff at Clemson, he appeared on the local radio shows here in the Greenville area many times.

This guy is beyond smooth. He handles himself great. The players here at Clemson loved him.

I believe that he has strong connections in Florida which is loaded with talent.

I hate to see Bruce Pearl go. I do not, as many and mainly as one in particular goes on endlessly about, that he is the devil.

I respect others opinions even when they are different than mine. Coach Pearl rescued the program from 10 years of hell. But he screwed up big time and has lost credibility which is quite sad for him and the program.

I really believe that this young man would be a great chance for this program to rebound quickly. Make no mistake about it, we are going to have a few tough years.

It could be a risk because he is so young. But Billy the kid was a risk for UF and that turned out okay.

Last edited:

If Hatvol had a top 10 list, I must have missed it. Last I recall, he said that UT has been in contact behind the scenes with I believe 3 coaches. I don't recall he ever provided those names, but I'm not on the board as much as most. Would love to know though.

If Bruce is let go. Shaka is the man I want to coach at Tennessee.

Just from watching his VCU team play, the on thing that sticks out to me is that they are well-coached.

VN Store

Back