Several people shot at Maryland high school -media report

County governments can't manage money at all.....Wilson is the 2nd wealthiest county in TN and my kids don't even have textbooks for several of their classes. IMO there are some heads that need to roll over this.

You can walk into the Sumner County Schools administrative offices and do entire family trees. I'm sure that is the rule instead of the exception. Way too much money is wasted (grafted) from the school systems.

Absolutely no one, and certainly no one here, after the recent shootings suggested anything other than that we need to have more school resource officers in a position to deal with these threats.

But that's a trained law enforcement officer and that is their major function. It's not the English teacher who is suddenly and unexpectedly thrust into a firefight that is going to solve this problem.
That may be, but the drive by media doesn't see it that way. As far as they are concerned, guns are bad.

What about the English teacher carrying a taser?

Absolutely no one, and certainly no one here, after the recent shootings suggested anything other than that we need to have more school resource officers in a position to deal with these threats.

But that's a trained law enforcement officer and that is their major function. It's not the English teacher who is suddenly and unexpectedly thrust into a firefight that is going to solve this problem.

Second paragraph is a straw man. No one is saying to just hand Miss Jones a .45 and let her figure out how to use it if the need arises.

Reactions: 1 person
Its time to put metal detectors in every school in american on the governments dime. It doesnt matter what it costs. This country spends millions on useless ****, lets protect our kids. And while were at it, all school busses have seat belts. Still do not understand why they do not.

Never got that either.

This is going to be one of those instances where the stupid parents didn't lock up their guns. They should face charges in my opinion. If you are going to own a gun you better be responsible.

This is going to be one of those instances where the stupid parents didn't lock up their guns. They should face charges in my opinion. If you are going to own a gun you better be responsible.

You're sounding a bit LGish today.

If you're going to have kids you better be responsible.

That may be, but the drive by media doesn't see it that way. As far as they are concerned, guns are bad.

What about the English teacher carrying a taser?

What? Seriously?

Second paragraph is a straw man. No one is saying to just hand Miss Jones a .45 and let her figure out how to use it if the need arises.

You can train her all you want. Presumably she is going to have the gun stored away some place very secure, and in the midst of third period shots ring out and people are running around screaming, she's supposed to have the presence of mind to stop what she's doing, marshal her kids to safety, retrieve the gun, and go hunting for the active shooter with her Glock versus his AR 15?

Insanity to think that has a prayer of working.

What? Seriously?

You can train her all you want. Presumably she is going to have the gun stored away some place very secure, and in the midst of third period shots ring out and people are running around screaming, she's supposed to have the presence of mind to stop what she's doing, marshal her kids to safety, retrieve the gun, and go hunting for the active shooter with her Glock versus his AR 15?

No you hysterical twit! She is supposed to secure he kids as best she can and defend them if the shooter got near. Nobody is asking anyone to be a Rambo, just give them the ability to defend themselves and their kids.

Reactions: 3 people

Not at all. And she shouldn't be asked or required to do that.

But if she decides to take the proper training and defend herself or her students if that gunman makes it to her room you nor I should have any right to tell her she can't do that.

Its not a shock you run off the edge of the earth with an example.

Reactions: 3 people
No you hysterical twit! She is supposed to secure he kids as best she can and defend them if the shooter got near. Nobody is asking anyone to be a Rambo, just give them the ability to defend themselves and their kids.

So we're counting on him happening to attack the class with the armed teacher on it? What's that going to be? 1 out of 10? 20?

They passed away. Thanks.

Can you write a single post without using the word 'dumb' or 'ignorant'?

:sad:

Mine too. Part of my ideology was developed based on the manner in which I was raised. My father was career military so I was raised in a disciplined atmosphere. I believe we all take things from our parents that shape our beliefs and ideas

What? Seriously?

Yep. Watch out for those fast bullets. Jees... you still can’t see it. The close quarters nullifies the rifle advantage and the pistol could easily exceed ROF of the rifle if you want to play that dumb game too.

I could be wrong but I've been under the impression most people aren't expecting the majority (it would vary depending on the teacher) of armed teachers to actually go "hunting" a shooter. Actively pursuing an armed aggressor is an entirely different animal than holding an armed defensive position.

Its time to put metal detectors in every school in american on the governments dime. It doesnt matter what it costs. This country spends millions on useless ****, lets protect our kids. And while were at it, all school busses have seat belts. Still do not understand why they do not.

You know school shootings and deaths are both down right? So why are we doing this?

CNN, MSNBC and the libs here are probably very disappointed there weren't 20 kids killed by some white guy with an AR

You know school shootings and deaths are both down right? So why are we doing this?

He’s a liberal, which inherently and intrinsically means he is weak. Everything has to be explained with a “crutch mentality.” Damn the GOP, damn white people, damn guns, damn laws, damn anything which deviates from MY point of view, and damn the one who speaks it.

Get it?

So we're counting on him happening to attack the class with the armed teacher on it? What's that going to be? 1 out of 10? 20?

Nope. We re counting on her having the ability to defend herself and class if its that 1 time out of whatever chance.

Odds are irrelevant when you are the 1.

Yep. Watch out for those fast bullets. Jees... you still can’t see it. The close quarters nullifies the rifle advantage and the pistol could easily exceed ROF of the rifle if you want to play that dumb game too.

Honest ignorance (as opposed to willful ignorance) is unfortunately quite pervasive. I ran the math and the difference in bullet travel time at 25y between a standard pressure 5.56 55gr and 9mm 115gr is .05 seconds. Whichever shooter ate a more nutritious breakfast would probably be more tactically meaningful than half a tenth of a second in bullet flight time.

VN Store

Back