Seth Stokes lost his privileges to attend?

Have no idea why people listen to Swain. He was part of the slop that ushered in this era of mediocrity we are suffering through.

I like the swain event although stokes can get on my nerves, but I don't mind him or anyone asking butch the hard questions.. like butch are you and your staff total morons? Case your playcalling blows in the second half.. now on the ex-players on supporting butch? Butch was smart on that account, get all the former players on your side by being buddy, buddy with them, inviting them to all the practices, and being on the sidelines during games. That way when it starts going down hill, he would still have their support.. smart on butch there.

I like the swain event although stokes can get on my nerves, but I don't mind him or anyone asking butch the hard questions.. like butch are you and your staff total morons? Case your playcalling blows in the second half.. now on the ex-players on supporting butch? Butch was smart on that account, get all the former players on your side by being buddy, buddy with them, inviting them to all the practices, and being on the sidelines during games. That way when it starts going down hill, he would still have their support.. smart on butch there.

Telling Butch you know he assaulted a player-- which we all know now he didn't-- and asking him to provide comment on that is not "asking the tough questions."

Asking Butch what is wrong with the play calling, what if any changes are they going to make, and why there have been late game collapses are "tough questions."

Reactions: 4 people
There is a professional way to ask hard questions. Stokes doesn't like Butch personally that much is apparent, he attacked Butch at his PC, and Butch fired back. It's unfortunate that Stokes has been so unprofessional with the HC at UT. Because , I used to enjoy their show. I have stopped listening to the Swain Event as Stokes acts like an unprofessional butt hurt child when discussing Butch and UT Football.

Reactions: 3 people
There is a professional way to ask hard questions. Stokes doesn't like Butch personally that much is apparent, he attacked Butch at his PC, and Butch fired back. It's unfortunate that Stokes has been so unprofessional with the HC at UT. Because , I used to enjoy their show. I have stopped listening to the Swain Event as Stokes acts like an unprofessional butt hurt child when discussing Butch and UT Football.
Maybe he is just sick of inexcusable coaching blunders..

So I take it you're a proponent of character assassination?

No.... I just don't have a problem with someone asking hard questions, and commend him for having the balls to do it..someone has to to ask these questions, instead of the spoon fed questions that are usually asked.. let me ask you something, what if butch said yes, yes I did punch him, would you be so critical, or would you say, way to go seth, way to get him to speak the truth.. just asking your thoughts?

No.... I just don't have a problem with someone asking hard questions, and commend him for having the balls to do it..someone has to to ask these questions, instead of the spoon fed questions that are usually asked.. let me ask you something, what if butch said yes, yes I did punch him, would you be so critical, or would you say, way to go seth, way to get him to speak the truth.. just asking your thoughts?

Without multiple sources that witnessed the event, this is nothing but gossip.

Stokes quote from Monday's press conf below:

"Uh, coach I have it on really good authority that there was a physical altercation at some point between you and a player. Is there anything you can comment on that?"

1) Accusation
2) Request for comment

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT asking the tough questions. He basically told Butch he has proof (really good authority) that a physical altercation between Butch and a player occurred. It's just Seth trying to get his name out there at Butch's expense.

Reactions: 5 people

If Stokes had simply asked, "Were you involved in an altercation with Mack Crowder in August?" that would have been acceptable. Short, specific, direct and without commentary but that's not what he did. He designated an unnamed source with a high level status grade ('really good authority') and in doing so, his question conveyed the form of an accusation with proof. There is nothing wrong with asking hard questions and there is nothing wrong with pointing out how Stokes was unprofessional either.

Last edited:

Are you just not reading what we are posting? Refer back to previous posts so you'll stop saying "tough questions."

And Butch wouldn't respond "yes" to that question as it has already been proven by many sources that have actual first hand knowledge of the situation-- not second hand like the source that Seth used-- that a physical altercation didn't occur. Some hard words were shared and Crowder nearly escalated it to a fight, but nothing happened that hasn't happened in many a football facility before.

If I was Butch, not only would I not allow him in the presser anymore-- something that Spurrier has done in a similar situation-- I would sue his ass for libel since he actually published a piece as well.

Last edited:
Are you just not reading what we are posting? Refer back to previous posts so you'll stop saying "tough questions."

And Butch wouldn't respond "yes" to that question as it has already been proven by many sources that have actual first hand knowledge of the situation-- not second hand like the source that Seth used-- that a physical altercation didn't occur. Some hard words were shared and Crowder nearly escalated it to a fight, but nothing happened that hasn't happened in many a football facility before.

If I was Butch, not only would I not allow him in the presser anymore-- something that Spurrier has done in a similar situation-- I would sue his ass for libel since he actually published a piece as well.

I'm guessing that you won't see much work on that site from Stokes in the future.

I am a little curious what Stokes' major was in college. I would bet that it was communications (not that there is anything wrong with that) and that he has never even set foot in a journalism class. Asking someone to comment on an allegation from an unnamed source who you personally designate as a 'really good authority' within the pose of a question flies in the face of the most fundamental journalistic principles and ethics. He may have just been nervous and clumsy but that is giving him the benefit of the doubt which he may not deserve.

He is probably from the school of thought that it's best to not dignify such accusations with a response. It's recruiting fodder no matter what you do.

Possibly. But sometimes that doesn't work effectively, ask George W Bush. I thought he should've addressed it throughly, stated that it didn't happen. Probably would've gone a long way toward putting it to bed rather than leading to more speciation. Jmo.

VN Store

Back